2021 LXT VS RXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2020
Anyone have any real world experience with the 2021 LXT vs The 2021 RXT? Looking for suggestions, opinions, and first hand experience before I make the purchase for my 11yr old.

Jun 7, 2020
After I learned from others about the durability issues with lxt, I steered clear of it. The 2021 lxt has been the least durable lxt that has came out. Alot of people reporting cracks and or complete failure of the bat. My dd tried both the lxt and rxt. She liked the lxt better but I felt like she swung the rxt better. We opted to go with the Ghost Advanced bat from core. My dd loves it. Even more than her 2019 lxt.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
DD says it’s the connection that is the difference to her. The RXT is much much stiffer. She really likes the feel of the LXT and the GA. She says they are similar. We have several bats. She swings a 34/25 and has a couple thousand balls off the LXT and it has no issues. But she does barrel the ball up pretty well. The RXT has a similar feel to like a FNX or Rocketech she says.

Jun 19, 2016
The RXT is stiff and is probably not a good choice for most 11 year olds. I saw some really big 12 year olds using them at the Top Club National in OKC and they seemed to do well with them, but unless your DD is 5'8" and 175# or more I would stay clear if it.

May 21, 2018
DD's friend and teammate is using an RXT. She is hitting the cr*p out of the ball right now. She is 12, but is about 5' 9" so a bigger than the average girl.

My DD is swinging the new LXT and says the same thing @Golfclubgreg's daughter says. Softer connection than the RXT and the old LXT's, feels more like a ghost. She likes the feel, but so far, I think she hit better with a stiffer bat.

Jun 19, 2016
The new LXT sounds different. I am not sure if that is good bat or indifferent. In general I think the RXT is a great bat for big girls, but it takes some time to break it in.

Mar 28, 2020
My 11 year old DD has an RXT.

She tried the LXT and wouldn't use it. She stated she liked the swing of her mattingly balistik which is super old and most likely outlawed. Luckily one of her friends had a RXT and didn't like the swing.

We were at a batting cage when her friend asked to try the LXT and loved it and my DD tried her RXT and stated she liked it better than her super old mattingly and the trade happened.

My suggest is: if you know someone or if there is a batting cage that also sells bats like a D-Bats have your DD try it out before making a purchase.

By the way Dicks sports has the RXT on sale for $179 last years model.

Jun 19, 2016
My 11 year old DD has an RXT.

She tried the LXT and wouldn't use it. She stated she liked the swing of her mattingly balistik which is super old and most likely outlawed. Luckily one of her friends had a RXT and didn't like the swing.

We were at a batting cage when her friend asked to try the LXT and loved it and my DD tried her RXT and stated she liked it better than her super old mattingly and the trade happened.

My suggest is: if you know someone or if there is a batting cage that also sells bats like a D-Bats have your DD try it out before making a purchase.

By the way Dicks sports has the RXT on sale for $179 last years model.
You can't get it anywhere. Not available online or any store within a 100 miles of me.

Apr 28, 2019
Anyone have any real world experience with the 2021 LXT vs The 2021 RXT? Looking for suggestions, opinions, and first hand experience before I make the purchase for my 11yr old.
We have both the 21 LXT & 20 RXT. Both great bats and you really can’t go wrong with either. RXT takes a little longer to break-in.
For younger girls I would lead towards LXT drop 11.
My DD has best distance with RXT and best exit Velo with LXT.
The LXT seems to be a little more forgiving and consistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812