2021 bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Not sure why some cats buy these brand new bats, I guess they just have extra $$$ to spare and like to have the newest things. I've always bought DD last years model, save at least $100 if not more (Got the 2019 LXT last Christmas for $160, DD loves it, she says she'll use it till the bat breaks), then I'll get her another last years model.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019
I'm with you @flash277. Most of the time, the new model is just a new paint job. Even if there are changes, will it make my daughter hit like Trout? Don't think so. Last fall, got my daughter a 2018 Easton Ghost on sale for $135. I don't believe in paying more than $200 for bat.

Aug 25, 2019
Right! I've been told here that even though a bat may sit around unused for a year or two, and will perform as good as new.

Jun 26, 2020
I'm with you @flash277. Most of the time, the new model is just a new paint job. Even if there are changes, will it make my daughter hit like Trout? Don't think so. Last fall, got my daughter a 2018 Easton Ghost on sale for $135. I don't believe in paying more than $200 for bat.
Yep. Bat manufactures are not going to retool every year to bring out a new model. Typically 3 to 4 years brings a change, but theres not too much left on the table considering performance factor requirements

Mar 22, 2019
Illinois
Agreed... But I did get her a Gohst Advanced this year for her achievements. Every other year has been 1 year old bats.

Mar 13, 2016
the owner of a local pro shop told us that some manufacturers (she is a Rawlings house) are not even producing 2021 bats because of the 'rona.

Oct 22, 2019
That's why I ask about the 2021 releases - trying to figure out the best time to buy a 2020. She only needs a new bat because she grew 2 inches since she got her Prism last Spring. Been a DeMarini girl so far, as she likes the light swing and she isn't a power hitter, but she does want to try to swing the dual stamped Ghost. She didn't like the Mizuno last year but may try to swing it again.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That's why I ask about the 2021 releases - trying to figure out the best time to buy a 2020. She only needs a new bat because she grew 2 inches since she got her Prism last Spring. Been a DeMarini girl so far, as she likes the light swing and she isn't a power hitter, but she does want to try to swing the dual stamped Ghost. She didn't like the Mizuno last year but may try to swing it again.

Demainis swing light because they are lighter. Demarinis tend to be very close to sticker weight. The Ghost tends to be 1 oz (or more) over sticker weight. Keep this in mind when shopping for a new bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812