2020 What did SOFTBALL do for you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2020
2020 has brought me here to the a group that is here to help, not nib... and of course reality... for a 45 year old that is out of shape and probably as bald as @pattar, a nice comfortable bucket means everything since it takes me a half hour to get out of my crouch because my knees remind me I shouldn't.. @ANNASDAD Hope for a speedy recovery! my DD and I had it also, she was golden after a couple days. I had to med up with pedialyte, melatonin, zinc and Vitamin D. Happy New Years all

Aug 25, 2019
Softball is what kept my girl going honestly. It's always been her outlet, her happy place. She hates online school and feels like she just keeps getting behind more and more. Her grades have slipped a bit but they are still good. Always been a straight A student and she got an 89% in AP History this Fall. I'm trying to convince her that with everything going on, a high B is just fine but she's taking it as the fact colleges may pick someone else over here one day.

She has a friend that lives close by so at least 4 times a week since everything shut down, they've been at the field. Even in the rain and extreme heat. She has grown leaps and bounds as a player and an athlete. Since we don't really practice much with her team, she's been catching a lot of pitchers during their lessons and also been seeing a personal trainer twice a week, on top of her hitting lessons.

We were lucky in Oregon to get a season from June-August, then again September thru November. We didn't play in huge rated tournaments but the girls got to play and that was huge for their hearts. I think we have one travel tournament in February, then hopefully we get a high school season before our team starts playing again in June.

It's been a different year but I'm so thankful we got to still play.
89 in AP history is way better than a 95 in regular history, any college will see that.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
For us , 2020 has been a wild ride. I say us because DD had TOS surgery in October after seeing MANY drs in regards to her arm/hand pain and as mom and dad, it sucked seeing her hurt for so long and no one having any answers. (one dr told us that the pain was from holding her iPad from doing school work at home...). We had just got started in Feb when things got shut down in March. She was still having issues with pain after “resting” all winter, spring. Then we started having practices in mid May and played 30 games in 5 weekends playing all but 2 games due to pain and swelling. Her throws were weak but she always made the play If she got the ball. Then the season ends and we are looking at aging up and a new team. She got accepted on our orgs “gold” team but also FINALLY got approval for TOS surgery. She sat out the whole fall season. She went to every practice and only missed 2 tourneys: 1 the weekend after surgery and the second after she had strep and also tested positive for COVID 19. She has been a great teammate and even though she hasn’t played, she has been a huge part of our team. I also am an AC on the team, and while I am biased, I got a lot of feedback from the other coaches and parents that saw how she was with the team. I am so proud of how she has handled this adversity.

So, while COVID was a B!TC#, the year as a whole was worse. But, the kid seems resilient and I feel like the spring HS season will be a good test for her as a freshman battling for a spot on varsity. All of this also confirmed her love for the sport and for that, I am thankful.

Feb 3, 2016
I ended a softball related relationship mid-year harshly. It was bad. Disappointed that it went that way. Inevitable but it just wasn't something anyone enjoys or wants to happen. If Sam's club stocked a 64oz. Twisted Tea I'd have it on ice, in my cooler, ready to share. With the New year upon us I'll be toasting the end of 2020 with that very same can instead.

Fortunately that nonsense is resolved and this Fall ended on a high note. Nothing but positive stuff from this Fall. DD couldn't be in a better place. Goals are established for both of us! Mom's happy, and the Doggo's always happy.

50's next week and I'm looking forward to some outfield work the DD been wanting.
2021 is looking bright so bring on that new year! Cheers to DFP!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
2020 has been a different year. We had our softball season cancelled just a few games into the season and just a couple of days into a nice trip and good times in Florida. After the season was cancelled, ended up going into remote learning and missing my quadmates and teammates deeply. My sister tested positive for COVID along with my dad and my mom (thankfully, none of them had it really bad and was recovered within a couple of weeks. Also thankfully I haven't tested positive...yet.)

On the positive, I've worked harder at my game than I have in a long time. I've hit the weights and cardio and I feel better than I have in quite a while and academically, I've excelled in my school's pre-med program.

I can't wait to finally get back to school and moved back into my dorm room where I can meet back up with my quadmates and catch back up as well as meet my new roomie.

Apr 28, 2014
2020 has been a different year. We had our softball season cancelled just a few games into the season and just a couple of days into a nice trip and good times in Florida. After the season was cancelled, ended up going into remote learning and missing my quadmates and teammates deeply. My sister tested positive for COVID along with my dad and my mom (thankfully, none of them had it really bad and was recovered within a couple of weeks. Also thankfully I haven't tested positive...yet.)

On the positive, I've worked harder at my game than I have in a long time. I've hit the weights and cardio and I feel better than I have in quite a while and academically, I've excelled in my school's pre-med program.

I can't wait to finally get back to school and moved back into my dorm room where I can meet back up with my quadmates and catch back up as well as meet my new roomie.
So happy that your family recovered Gabby!
What school are you attending?
We'd love to follow your team and journey next season!
Happy New Year!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802