2020 RXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2019
Any reviews/ opinions on the Louisville rxt. My kids pxt bat broke and they offered to send me what ever I wanted xeno lxt etc.. and I chose RXT . She's 5.0 105 11 year old . She never used the pxt she uses the ghost .

It’s a good bat. My daughter was gifted one from a teammates parent. Keep in mind it seemed to take much longer to break in than her Ghost. It was not nearly as hot out of the wrapper. But now it’s just as hot. It’s also more balanced than the Ghost, not as end loaded of a feel. Ours is a 32 and weighs 22.3 oz. so it’s much closer to sticker on weight than a Ghost which typically is an ounce over. Honestly I’m pretty impressed by the bat......for a non Ghost.

Apr 28, 2019
It’s a good bat. My daughter was gifted one from a teammates parent. Keep in mind it seemed to take much longer to break in than her Ghost. It was not nearly as hot out of the wrapper. But now it’s just as hot. It’s also more balanced than the Ghost, not as end loaded of a feel. Ours is a 32 and weighs 22.3 oz. so it’s much closer to sticker on weight than a Ghost which typically is an ounce over. Honestly I’m pretty impressed by the bat......for a non Ghost.
So what bat does DD prefer? Does she alternate or use one for BP?
I had one in my hands today. Decided to wait for Ghost Advanced.

Dec 19, 2019
She hasn't used it yet . It's coming tomorrow just curious if I should even take the plastic off or try to sell it . It's a 31/21 .

Apr 28, 2019
She hasn't used it yet . It's coming tomorrow just curious if I should even take the plastic off or try to sell it . It's a 31/21 .
I would use it you won’t get top dollar for it. I’ve seen a few on Ebay keep getting relisted and price dropped.
Mostly positive reviews. The price is just too high for many folks.
Do some t-work and soft toss I’m sure DD will take to it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Remember, its also a NR bat...so its not going to fetch much on the open market like
a new returnable one would. In all honesty, a lightly used NR one wouldnt bring much less in your
pocket than a new NR one. I would think of it this way, worse case scenario, you use
it as a beater bat and keep non-gamer swings off the Ghost. Best case scenario, you
have a second bat she likes and maybe if she is strugglin with one, you have another
she can go to and vice versa.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
My (humble) prediction is that the RXT becomes one of the "hot" bats of 2020. College-aged DD just took hers to BP for the first time and came away impressed. It's best strength might be good pop along most of the barrel including inside just before it starts tapering towards the connection where most bats are dead. Similar to the 2018-19 ASA Ghost in that respect (wide sweet spot) except more balanced. The $30 premium to the LXT and only -10 availability (now) might slow sales of it somewhat.

Apr 28, 2019
My (humble) prediction is that the RXT becomes one of the "hot" bats of 2020. College-aged DD just took hers to BP for the first time and came away impressed. It's best strength might be good pop along most of the barrel including inside just before it starts tapering towards the connection where most bats are dead. Similar to the 2018-19 ASA Ghost in that respect (wide sweet spot) except more balanced. The $30 premium to the LXT and only -10 availability (now) might slow sales of it somewhat.
That is a pretty bold prediction. Reviews are mostly good but sales are slow. It looks like it’s a top tier bat but not better then other top notch bats. So the extra cost is a negative. Also users say it’s not hot out of the wrapper so that’s another negative.
Having said that I would still like to try one out to see how it compares to LXT & Xeno.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
I might take back my bold prediction from above. DD says her RXT went dead on her already, only a few weeks after starting to use it. The sound changed from a pop to a dull thud, and the ball doesn't fly off it like it did. The coach tried it out in BP and declared it dead too. Sure wish I had a compression tester. She might be going back to her blue Ghost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom