2020 Quatro Pro Endload

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I saw the bat test analysis where the Ghost was 1, Xeno and PC were almost even behind it..no idea how the Xeno got in there over some of the other bats...but I digress...haha. Guess there are tons of tests out there. Tests only go as far as you can throw them(you dont know who is behind them), what makes the difference is what bat your dd likes and how she rakes with it.

As far as the bats, I dont think much of a change in the 2020 Qpro Balanced, but there is a change in the Balanced to Endload models. I have an endload QPro going out as a gift to a special dd of a great guy. So hopefully get some feedback on the Endload version soon.

As for weights , the Balanced Qpro should feel pretty close to the PC weight wise...both are fairly close to sticker. Think the PC is closer but a tad more endload. The QPro is a little more over sticker but more balanced if that makes any sense. The endload is def more endloaded and noticeable than the balanced model.

Apr 28, 2019
I saw the bat test analysis where the Ghost was 1, Xeno and PC were almost even behind it..no idea how the Xeno got in there over some of the other bats...but I digress...haha. Guess there are tons of tests out there. Tests only go as far as you can throw them(you dont know who is behind them), what makes the difference is what bat your dd likes and how she rakes with it.

As far as the bats, I dont think much of a change in the 2020 Qpro Balanced, but there is a change in the Balanced to Endload models. I have an endload QPro going out as a gift to a special dd of a great guy. So hopefully get some feedback on the Endload version soon.

As for weights , the Balanced Qpro should feel pretty close to the PC weight wise...both are fairly close to sticker. Think the PC is closer but a tad more endload. The QPro is a little more over sticker but more balanced if that makes any sense. The endload is def more endloaded and noticeable than the balanced model.
I appreciate the feedback. Keep me posted on the QPro results.
Here’s my take on Fastpitch bats.
The Xeno is the best selling bat for a reason. It’s a good design and quality built. It serves the masses of average hitters.
It’s stiff and does the work for people with slow to average bat speed. The more flexible bats are better suited for more powerful/experienced girls with better bat speed.
I’m a Slugger fan but also like to try other lesser known brands like Anderson.
We demo’d the 19 RT and 18 Supernova in December. The RT is every bit as explosive as the Ghost and is my daughters favorite bat currently. The SN had way too much negative feedback and can’t recommend it.
I have a bat fetish and am always looking for the latest and greatest to improve girls performance.

Apr 28, 2019
That's not what I have seen in So Cal travel ball over the last 4 years.

These days, there's more Ghosts than anything else. I saw two 14U teams today. 25 players - 8 Ghosts....1 Xeno
We have the 18 ASA Ghost. Great sounding bat loud kinda like wood bat sound. The issue I have with the Ghost is the sweet spot. If you square it up the ball explodes off the barrel, if you don’t you get a dud. It happened again at her last game. The bat just didn’t sound right on contact and hit weak pop-up to 3rd. Had her switch to Xeno and hit Monster shot for a triple next at bat. The Ghost is just not very forgiving.
I equate it like this: A pro golfer or tennis player can use a much smaller club/racquet because they are much more advanced with their swing speed & accuracy. Us mere mortals need a bigger heavier version to get the job done. My daughter has hit some tape measure shots with the Ghost just not all the time.

Dec 11, 2010
Weird.

DD doesn’t square up every ball with her Ghost but she might if I got her a Xeno?

I got the crazy idea somewhere that every kid has an ideal bat fit but it will likely not be the same for every kid. After swinging pretty much everything we can get our hands on, dd is back to swinging that darn Bat A. Even after collecting approx 14 gigabytes of Blast Motion data that proves Bat B is statistically superior in every category to Bat A. The only stats that disagree with our columns of Blast data are from a different data collection source. That data came from columns labeled XBH, HR and OPS.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
We have the 18 ASA Ghost. Great sounding bat loud kinda like wood bat sound. The issue I have with the Ghost is the sweet spot. If you square it up the ball explodes off the barrel, if you don’t you get a dud. It happened again at her last game. The bat just didn’t sound right on contact and hit weak pop-up to 3rd. Had her switch to Xeno and hit Monster shot for a triple next at bat. The Ghost is just not very forgiving.
I equate it like this: A pro golfer or tennis player can use a much smaller club/racquet because they are much more advanced with their swing speed & accuracy. Us mere mortals need a bigger heavier version to get the job done. My daughter has hit some tape measure shots with the Ghost just not all the time.

Your DD didn't square up a hit with the Ghost, but on the next at bat she used a Xeno and hit it hard - you think the difference is all in the bat? Also, because she doesn't hit "tape measure shots" all the time with the Ghost, it's an issue with the bat?

I think you may be miscalculating the difficulty of consistently aligning a moving round stick with a moving round rock. :unsure:;)

Apr 28, 2019
Weird.

DD doesn’t square up every ball with her Ghost but she might if I got her a Xeno?

I got the crazy idea somewhere that every kid has an ideal bat fit but it will likely not be the same for every kid. After swinging pretty much everything we can get our hands on, dd is back to swinging that darn Bat A. Even after collecting approx 14 gigabytes of Blast Motion data that proves Bat B is statistically superior in every category to Bat A. The only stats that disagree with our columns of Blast data are from a different data collection source. That data came from columns labeled XBH, HR and OPS.
The Xeno is more forgiving and has a bigger sweet spot. Yes different bats for hitters. My advanced daughter’s #1 bat for the past two seasons was 17 LXT drop 9. Now she won’t use it. Ghost, Rocketech, & 18 Xeno along with 17 Stealth Flex 17 drop 11 against fast pitchers.
My up and comer was using a 17 Xeno drop 11 but now with a faster swing speed she is doing great with 17 LXT drop 9. Back-up is 19 Xeno drop 10.
Honestly we test all our bats once a week and pick favorites for coming weeks games.
We do drills with heavy end-loaded bats and then live pitching with favorite bats.

Dec 11, 2010
The Xeno is more forgiving and has a bigger sweet spot. Yes different bats for hitters. My advanced daughter’s #1 bat for the past two seasons was 17 LXT drop 9. Now she won’t use it. Ghost, Rocketech, & 18 Xeno along with 17 Stealth Flex 17 drop 11 against fast pitchers.
My up and comer was using a 17 Xeno drop 11 but now with a faster swing speed she is doing great with 17 LXT drop 9. Back-up is 19 Xeno drop 10.
Honestly we test all our bats once a week and pick favorites for coming weeks games.
We do drills with heavy end-loaded bats and then live pitching with favorite bats.

Yeah, both my daughters swung drop 9 Xenos for several years before my younger one switched to Ghost in June of ‘16 when they came out. Older dd ended up swinging Ghost at the mid-major D1 she played at. She was glad when they got the Ghosts because she thought the Stealth Flex was junk. Your mileage may vary. Thanks for the info though.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I appreciate the feedback. Keep me posted on the QPro results.
Here’s my take on Fastpitch bats.
The Xeno is the best selling bat for a reason. It’s a good design and quality built. It serves the masses of average hitters.
girls It’s stiff and does the work for people with slow to average bat speed. The more flexible bats are better suited for more powerful/experiencedwith better bat speed.
I’m a Slugger fan but also like to try other lesser known brands like Anderson.
We demo’d the 19 RT and 18 Supernova in December. The RT is every bit as explosive as the Ghost and is my daughters favorite bat currently. The SN had way too much negative feedback and can’t recommend it.
I have a bat fetish and am always looking for the latest and greatest to improve girls performance.

Couple of things that stand out to me here, the more powerful, more experienced, true hitters want the more stiff rigid bat, the lesser experienced girls with slower bat speeds want / need the flex to create more whip and create a kick point! I think you have this backwards!

You must be fairly new to this whole bat thing..........Anderson may be a smaller company but they're definitely not a lesser known company, I bet I've given away more Rocketech's than the number of bats you've owned. A lot of the older Anderson fans here moved away from Anderson when Steven left the company for what ever reasons actually happened.

And lastly..........invest in quality hitting lessons with a quality instructor!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812