2020- Prism / PC / dual stamp ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I was shocked myself :)...and just a secret, Wilson is owned by a Finland Company ;)

I don't wanna get into politics though

And Japan makes some of the best gloves ever made

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Mizuno supposedly makes good gloves but I haven’t found that to be the case.
So what Mizuno gloves have you been using, or are familiar with! In our travel circles the extremely overpriced retail tan & brown Mizuno Classic dominated just about every dugout, it was a complete POS that got floppy in no time!

It's no secret here I love Rawlings HOH gloves, and not retail gloves either, more rare hard to get exclusives. But when you step up to the Mizuno Pro-Select, the Mizuno Pro, and the big boy........the Pro Limited, those are super nice, well made gloves with top-notch materials and craftsmanship!

When you really step up to a true Japanese made Mizuno Pro Limited, you've reached the top of the glove food chain!

Apr 28, 2019
That's the best...you do know where LS fastpitch bats come from right? hahahaha :)
I sure do. Slugger is looking into bringing bat production back to US. Most bat companies make wood bats in the US and composites/metal bats in Asia. The exception is Rawlings at this time. The Quatro Pro & Quatro Are made in MN along with slow pitch bats. The Velo is made in China. Not sure about Demarini I know they are designed in th US. Not a Denarini fan though. Easton & Anderson moved operations over seas a few years back unfortunately. I was referring to where the profits go not where the bats are made to clarify.

Apr 28, 2019
So what Mizuno gloves have you been using, or are familiar with! In our travel circles the extremely overpriced retail tan & brown Mizuno Classic dominated just about every dugout, it was a complete POS that got floppy in no time!

It's no secret here I love Rawlings HOH gloves, and not retail gloves either, more rare hard to get exclusives. But when you step up to the Mizuno Pro-Select, the Mizuno Pro, and the big boy........the Pro Limited, those are super nice, well made gloves with top-notch materials and craftsmanship!

When you really step up to a true Japanese made Mizuno Pro Limited, you've reached the top of the glove food chain!
We had a couple of Mizuno Franchise fielding gloves and a catchers mitt. Both gloves tire from the inside and needed to be replaced. The catchers mitt is ok just not enough padding. We bought a Worth Shut our glove at the same time and it’s still going strong. These were starter gloves for my twin girls. We upgraded to Worth Century series black/gold which are great gloves and recently upgraded again to a bigger size with Rawlings Liberty Advanced and Easton Stealth Pro.
Also have a Worth Liberty Advanced catchers mitt for me and Rawlings Liberty Advanced for my daughter.
The Mizuno MVP Prime is supposed to be a great glove for the money and I was looking at the Mizuno Samurai 34.5 catches mitt but had a bad taste in my mouth from previous purchase.
Again, I always try and buy American or from American companies if possible to keep Americans working and profits in the States. Not always possible but I feel it’s worth the effort.
Honestly, I feel like a sell-out and that I’m contributing to our Country’s problems.
I don’t begrudge anybody who trying to save a buck and buys everything made in China. It’s just not me.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Does Amer Sports who owns Wilson not get the profit from Wilson who owns Demar and LS?

I am all about buying from smaller guys obviously MB. Just bustin your chops about US and not US monies :)

But also remember, small US businesses also profit from products

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Again, I always try and buy American or from American companies if possible to keep Americans working and profits in the States. Not always possible but I feel it’s worth the effort.
Honestly, I feel like a sell-out and that I’m contributing to our Country’s problems.
I don’t begrudge anybody who trying to save a buck and buys everything made in China. It’s just not me.

I applaud you, and any and everyone else who tries to keep this mindset, I wish more people thought just like you! Unfortunately with ball gloves it's just tough, if not next to impossible to do. I may step on some toes here, but I'm just not a fan of Nokona, I wish that wasn't the case! I'd love for Nokona to have a 12" model that compared to a Pro1000 or a Pro206, but they don't! And the fact that the inside of Nokona gloves feels unfinished, like they just forgot one last step in the process!

I understand what you meant with the saving a buck and the China comment, but back to the Japanese made Mizuno gloves, just because they're both Asian, NO comparison! I will say there is some really good Chinese made gloves out there, and there's some high-end Mizuno's made in China, I just don't want one.

Apr 28, 2019
I applaud you, and any and everyone else who tries to keep this mindset, I wish more people thought just like you! Unfortunately with ball gloves it's just tough, if not next to impossible to do. I may step on some toes here, but I'm just not a fan of Nokona, I wish that wasn't the case! I'd love for Nokona to have a 12" model that compared to a Pro1000 or a Pro206, but they don't! And the fact that the inside of Nokona gloves feels unfinished, like they just forgot one last step in the process!

I understand what you meant with the saving a buck and the China comment, but back to the Japanese made Mizuno gloves, just because they're both Asian, NO comparison! I will say there is some really good Chinese made gloves out there, and there's some high-end Mizuno's made in China, I just don't want one.
You can find quality products by every manufacturer of sports equipment out there. My goal is to find the best product at the lowest price possible. Having said that the most expensive items are not always the best. As an example the Slugger PXT that came out in 2018 is not the best bat because it goes for 4 bills. It’s the best bat for 5% of the strongest hitters out there. I can’t tell you how many average little girls I see swinging a PXT and getting poor results because Daddy ran out and bought the most expensive bat on the market at the time and expected little Sally to morph into Lauren Chamberlain!!! In most cases a Xeno would fit the bill perfectly.
I understand what your saying in regards to everything is a little muddled as far as what parent company owns what subsidiary. But bottom line if I have two bats let’s say a Mizuno PC 2020 and a Rawlings Quarto Pro 2020 and all specs are the same (exit Velo, durability, MOI, etc I’m going with the American made Quatro Pro everyday and twice on Sunday’s!!!
It is unfortunate that the local Mom & Pop sports shops are all disappearing. I have 1 left about 30 mins away but the guy charges full retail for everything! I go there and check things and then buy everything online. I’m all for supporting the small business man but I’m not willing to put his kids through college!

Apr 28, 2019
I was shocked myself :)...and just a secret, Wilson is owned by a Finland Company ;)

I don't wanna get into politics though

And Japan makes some of the best gloves ever made
in response
Does Amer Sports who owns Wilson not get the profit from Wilson who owns Demar and LS?

I am all about buying from smaller guys obviously MB. Just bustin your chops about US and not US monies :)

But also remember, small US businesses also profit from products
I would simply respond by saying look what the Pro’s use. When I watch MLB I see mostly Rawlings & Wilson gloves. A few Sluggers & Akadema mixed in. I generally only see Mizuno’s on Japanese players to be honest. As an example Tanaka with the Yanks wears Mizuno. Also Japanese National softball team uses all Mizuno products.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Wouldn't you agree that most pro's use gloves that they are paid to use? I'd have my daughter use any manufacturer if she was getting paid!

And to continue with the busting chops, NOKONA For the win!! :LOL:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would simply respond by saying look what the Pro’s use.

Respond to what? You act like I don't like Rawlings...haha

All I said was Japan makes some of the best gloves in the world. Because you don't see
tons of MLB guys use them doesn't mean anything to be honest.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802