2020- Prism / PC / dual stamp ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
I will say after my last purchases from Core, there is a noticeable difference in feeling between the bat being broken in vs not. We have two bats, one ASA and one USSSA version. The USSSA version, you could literally feel it change with every 10 or so swings. The ASA version took more time, but is now the hotter of the two. Point being, different bats take more time to break in and there is a definite higher level of vibration before it's broken in.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No matter what, bats will take some swings. Some require way less. Most inner tech bats will require WAY less than
hollow bats. Its not like the old days that took 5000 hits...haha, but a couple swings are still needed for anything.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I had to snooze the fastpitch zone. I have never read so much goofiness in my life.

Love it...haha. That's why I take most things with a grain of salt. People's personalities and knowledge or lack
there of come into play with all reviews and issues. And then its made into a major issue on forums.

I always tell people, just hit the bat yourself and don't worry about what others are doing or saying. That's how you will
get your best result.

I have 150 bats in my closet...I will get a demo and hit just go hit. I don't ever read anything.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I asked my dd about the vibration on her her PC. She said no different than her cf zen.

And that sums up everything. Vibration is such a personal feel. Some try a bat and it has tons of vibration, while
another feels nothing. Some say CF's rattle their hands like crazy, some say they feel nothing. Same as PC's. BUT,
when you read something, its in your head. Also, and I have said this many times, if the hitter isn't "on board"
with trying a bat, it will never work as well as what she does like.

Mar 7, 2016
Thats great that you can demo bats, here in central Kansas we dont have that luxury. Id love to buy every new bat for my daughter to try out and see which one is perfect but that really isnt feasible. I know there are a lot of people just like me. So our options are limited what we have on our team, what we can get our hands on and then taking a chance on a new bat and hoping its a good fit.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Missed my point, not saying you can demo bats and that wasn't really anything to do with what I was saying.
What I meant was I don't read reviews at all, I wanna see what its about myself. I get people cant buy every bat.
Im saying to remember that everybody feels things differently, and not get to wrapped up in things
like vibration or how some "feel" how a bat weighs...stuff like that. A lot of personal feel comes into play.
What one may feel, others don't. So read reviews, just don't take them for stone, only a loose guide.

You have probably experienced this as well. You heard/read someone thought a bat was way heavy or endloaded.
Then you pick one up and you're like...wait, this doesn't feel heavy at all or the other way. Someone says a bat
feels balanced and you're like, damn this thing is heavy...haha. That was more my point.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
It is personal feel, I agree with Core. And SesWildFire I feel your pain. All we have is reviews until we purchase the bat and try it ourselves. That's why I post honest bat reviews based on my DD's experience and I swing the bat lightly myself to compare as well. If others are feeling hand sting and bad vibrations with the PC, I seriously doubt the new bat which is being sent to me will make a difference.. unless it was a bad batch or there has been improvements with this years version. I will post my reviews on the old bat as we get more swings on it in warmer weather and the new bat as well.

Dec 5, 2017
And that sums up everything. Vibration is such a personal feel. Some try a bat and it has tons of vibration, while
another feels nothing. Some say CF's rattle their hands like crazy, some say they feel nothing. Same as PC's. BUT,
when you read something, its in your head. Also, and I have said this many times, if the hitter isn't "on board"
with trying a bat, it will never work as well as what she does like.

My dd always complained that her cf9 hurt her hands, the day we received her PC the temp was around 40 and she hit a bucket of balls without a hint of sting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802