2020- Prism / PC / dual stamp ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 10, 2016
Is it because her blue ghost started losing power or just preference from end load to more balanced?
No she was hitting extremely well with the ghost and I haven't noticed a change in mechanics (end load to balanced) I believe the bat is hot and she likes it so it has given her more confidence. As far as the vibration, I believe it is a good thing. It stings their hand when they do something wrong. Easy fix....stop doing it wrong.

BTW THANKS CORE!

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

May 12, 2016
id make sure they are not mis hits. had a xeno at practice two nights ago that just sounded off during BP with a certain girl. I took it aside and did some half cut with it myself and sounded perfect for me. She was just missing the ball.
Nah I hit fungos with it after and samething, I am thinking a lemon bat

May 12, 2016
No she was hitting extremely well with the ghost and I haven't noticed a change in mechanics (end load to balanced) I believe the bat is hot and she likes it so it has given her more confidence. As far as the vibration, I believe it is a good thing. It stings their hand when they do something wrong. Easy fix....stop doing it wrong.

BTW THANKS CORE!

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
I agree.. only when they are doing something wrong though. Squaring up the ball and vibrations are not normal.

Mar 7, 2016
See i dont agree on the vibration part giving a negative feedback. Mis hits are part of the game, pitches move etc. Last thing i want is a girl thinking about sting vs just hitting the ball. If i have to choose between two hot bats one stings on off hits and the other does not the second wins. JMO

Jun 8, 2016
See i dont agree on the vibration part giving a negative feedback. Mis hits are part of the game, pitches move etc. Last thing i want is a girl thinking about sting vs just hitting the ball. If i have to choose between two hot bats one stings on off hits and the other does not the second wins. JMO
I don't necessarily disagree with the premise, but it probably depends on the age/level of the hitter whether or not that ever enters their mind. Doesn't seem to effect MLB'ers too much ;)

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
I will throw another bat in the mix for you guys. DD has loads of bats, (Dads problem) But she is really enjoying the new CF Insane. 34/25 and it swings very endloaded. so you have to like end loads. Likes that much better than the 2018 prism (very light, very hot) and the Ghost. LXT and Zenos are in the corner too. Not really any vibrations at all. Ball just jumps off the bat. I think it has alot to do with the style of the batter as well. Gotta find that right fit!

Apr 16, 2013
I will throw another bat in the mix for you guys. DD has loads of bats, (Dads problem) But she is really enjoying the new CF Insane. 34/25 and it swings very endloaded. so you have to like end loads. Likes that much better than the 2018 prism (very light, very hot) and the Ghost. LXT and Zenos are in the corner too. Not really any vibrations at all. Ball just jumps off the bat. I think it has alot to do with the style of the batter as well. Gotta find that right fit!
With what you said, also take into the fact that a heavier, and end loaded bat will move the ball better if the girl can swing it. I think weight and MOI will have a higher effect on getting the ball to "move" vs a hotter but balanced bat. You can't take pure, brute, power out of the equation. (That's why I love heavy bats!) I don't know what the insane is like in fastpitch vs baseball, but my DD's 32" BBCOR insane baseball bat (-3) is very end loaded and advertised as so. Even though it's BBCOR (baseball players will understand this) when she squares it up, the ball f'ing moves.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And actually the Insane really isn't a big endload. Just their balanced bats are so balanced and light, that their endload
feels like an endload. Most other brands feel as endloaded or even more and not advertised as endloaded.

Given, I have not picked up an Insane from this or last year, so I am speaking from older models.

Feb 15, 2017
I swung the prism and to me it feels like a slightly heavier CF. It definitely has more vibration than the Ghost or LXT.

Same here....I did some fungo with a brand new one that one of my players had. I would put the balance between that of a CF and LXT. Nowhere near a Ghost or Xeno. Definitely would call it a balanced bat. I intentionally mishit balls and basically felt it was a ever so slightly hotter CF with more vibration. Of course this one probably hadn’t had much “break in”. Not sure its worth the extra money over a CF. My 2 cents worth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28