2020 Louisville Slugger bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
but then I got edumacated on the internets and realized if my DDs swing was correct the only thing needed adjusted was her load timing.
Yep, with always having a small DD, being on time was 75% of her swing, 20% was staying inside the ball, the other 5% was split up like 13 different ways, but you get my point! Just one bat, learn how to swing it correctly!

Oct 4, 2018
What happens if the pitcher throws inside? Call time and switch bats? If you can’t follow what other posters have said - you should not need a different bat for different pitches/pitchers. I used to be in the camp of a regular bat and then another lighter one for “fast” pitchers...but then I got edumacated on the internets and realized if my DDs swing was correct the only thing needed adjusted was her load timing.

But, get this...Im still in the 2 bat camp.....except the 2nd one is only a backup incase the first one breaks. Learned that one the hard way!

Half our team's parents carry a lighter bat for faster pitchers. I don't quite have the heart to tell them my real thoughts on that, but I do know that they know my DD has one bat for all pitchers (and a cold weather aluminum). They may get it one day.

Nov 18, 2018
Half our team's parents carry a lighter bat for faster pitchers. I don't quite have the heart to tell them my real thoughts on that, but I do know that they know my DD has one bat for all pitchers (and a cold weather aluminum). They may get it one day.

It's funny that this came up. I was trying to tell my DD that she may want a smaller bat for faster pitchers when she was playing 12u. I will never forget her response. And I quote "Dad why would I ever need that if the pitcher is fast I just need to load more quickly". Man did I feel dumb.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I'm simply responding to the OP with something that seems to work for my DD, whether a placebo effect or not.

Im actually asking this and not making fun. But I have heard of carrying lighter bats. Like someone liking endloads but
carrying a lighter or more balanced bat for later in the day after getting tired or a faster pitcher.
But never have I heard of carrying a bat for an pitcher you think is going to throw outside. What if the pitcher doesnt
throw outside? I ask this because hitting is def a lot mental. If you walk up there with the "outside pitch" bat and you
get out on an inside pitch or pitcher doesn't pitch you outside. Doesn't this allow for the "excuse" to not put a good at bat
at the plate. Almost like a "its ok, I had the outside bat and didn't get my pitch so its ok if I made an out" mentality? Or
wouldn't it already be in her mind that she has the wrong bat if the pitcher starts throwing inside and throw off her
at bat?
Again, asking as I want to know as this is foreign to me.

Dec 11, 2010
This always seems kind of flippant or even rude but hold up your fingers an inch apart. Look at it- an inch isn’t very much. Is an outside pitch really only an inch further from the hitter?

The answer for hitting outside pitches lies in mechanics not an inch longer bat.

Feb 7, 2020
Im actually asking this and not making fun. But I have heard of carrying lighter bats. Like someone liking endloads but
carrying a lighter or more balanced bat for later in the day after getting tired or a faster pitcher.
But never have I heard of carrying a bat for an pitcher you think is going to throw outside. What if the pitcher doesnt
throw outside? I ask this because hitting is def a lot mental. If you walk up there with the "outside pitch" bat and you
get out on an inside pitch or pitcher doesn't pitch you outside. Doesn't this allow for the "excuse" to not put a good at bat
at the plate. Almost like a "its ok, I had the outside bat and didn't get my pitch so its ok if I made an out" mentality? Or
wouldn't it already be in her mind that she has the wrong bat if the pitcher starts throwing inside and throw off her
at bat?
She feels she gets a good read on most pitchers. As I said it might be the placebo effect. She bats well so I stay out of it. Two bats wasn't my idea, not at today's prices lol

Feb 7, 2020
This always seems kind of flippant or even rude but hold up your fingers an inch apart. Look at it- an inch isn’t very much. Is an outside pitch really only an inch further from the hitter?

The answer for hitting outside pitches lies in mechanics not an inch longer bat.
It's not the length as they are the same.

Jan 8, 2019
at bat?
Careful, Core! That's getting dangerously close to thinking...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28