2020 Ghost warranty replacement paint "scratched" on arrival

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Right, but probably does not hurt to offer Paying $100 to move up to the advance. I know Demarini allowed people to pay up to a Prism when warranty replacing the CF Zen/Insanes.

The answer likely is NO but no harm in asking I would think. I know they are good switching sizes on replacements if you ask up front.

Nobody ever said about offering more money, it was just said about swapping straight up...that's not gonna happen. No idea if they
would do a price increase. I doubt it but who knows...if you want one, no harm asking

Demar had plenty of Prisms left and doubt they had an issue taking some extra coin to get some out of the warehouse.

Apr 28, 2019
I am not too worried about it but my daughter is and also don't want to run into a picky umpire who may see it as a crack
Would you
I am not too worried about it but my daughter is and also don't want to run into a picky umpire who may see it as a crack
Would you accept a new car with scratches? Bottom line it is damaged. Is it broken? Probably not but if your paying full price for something you expect to receive it in good condition.
So unless they are willing to discount the bat I would send it back and get a another one.

Apr 28, 2019
Don't say no until you try. We have a new RXT coming to replace a PXT that didn't last 4 months. How long did the 2020 Ghost last before it cracked?
The 19 PXT is defective
Don't say no until you try. We have a new RXT coming to replace a PXT that didn't last 4 months. How long did the 2020 Ghost last before it cracked?
The 19 PXT is defective. Slugger should be happy to send you whatever you wish for buying a defective bat in the first place.
Hopefully you got a great deal on the PXT when you purchased it.

Jan 29, 2016
Would you
Would you accept a new car with scratches? Bottom line it is damaged. Is it broken? Probably not but if your paying full price for something you expect to receive it in good condition.
So unless they are willing to discount the bat I would send it back and get a another one.
I didn't buy this bat. This is what they sent me for a replacement for a broken bat.

Apr 28, 2019
I didn't buy this bat. This is what they sent me for a replacement for a broken bat.
You bought the original
You bought the original bat that broke correct? So in essence you did buy this bat. You may not have grabbed it off the rack but it’s taking the place of a defective bat you purchased.
You have every right to expect the replacement bat to be in the same new unused condition as your original purchase.

Jan 29, 2016
Called Easton. The nice lady stated it looks like scratches to her but she would forward an email on to the inspection Dept. and they would get back to me within a day or two. I will update when I hear from the them. Until then I think we will keep it in the box.

Jan 29, 2016
again, you magnified the pic, nobody is going to see it. BUT, I still would suggest seeing if you can lift it up. I think
its just a scratch, but no harm trying to make sure. Then you know for sure whether it def needs to be sent back or not

I checked it out again it doesn't lift. I am just afraid when she starts hitting with it will get worse. I called Easton and the customer service lady stated it looks like a scratch to her and she would forward the email and pics to the inspection Dept. Even if they don't send another at least its all documented in case it gets worse as she starts using it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Figured...didnt even look like any type of crack at all. I am pretty sure they wont replace just
because there is a scratch but not 100% sure. A warranty return is a new in wrapper bat, free of defects, worth equal value of the one being replaced. Just because there is a scratch, its not a defect.
It really doesnt matter, you could hit it for a couple months and if something happened, they would give you a new one anyway :). Easton is pretty easy going with returns on warranty bats. But no harm
in having them put it in the file.

May 19, 2016
It definitely looks like a scratch to me. I would just use it. After a month of hitting with it and using it in games there are gonna be more noticeable marks on it than that.

I am interested in the sticker comments on here though. I just ordered the DD her first Easton and from what I gather on here there will be two stickers on it? Do I need to remove one and attach it to the receipt? Which sticker do I remove if so?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28