2020 ghost vs 2020 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The question was asked above and I think it is a fair question to ask: who is watching these players you are talking about? Because if they are as good as you claim, there are P5 D1 coaches following them EVERYWHERE THEY GO. They are behind the backstop EVERY GAME.

Go ahead. Tell me about it.
I've seen 11 YOs hit the ball 230+..I am sure there 14-18 YO capable of getting a hold of a pitch and hitting it 260+.

That said, it doesn't mean they can hit somebody throwing 65 with a good changeup and another plus pitch. ...that is what P5 D1 coaches are looking for. That is what made Bustos the best..she did all of those prolific things against the best pitchers in the world. Doesn't mean there were not girls out there who could hit a ball further...they just wouldn't be able to do it as consistently, if at all, against the best pitchers in the world.

I think by and large pitchers can get away with playing against lesser competition. Talent evaluators can recognize a kid who throws hard with good movement and another good pitch or two. That is going to play against most anybody they face. Same can be said for evaluating fielding. Good first step, strong arm, moves well laterally good fielding mechanics play at any level. Evaluating a hitter is much more difficult and for the most part requires a scout to see the kid against good pitching.

This is even more important in fastpitch since the evaluators don't have the luxury of waiting 5 or 6 years for a kid to develop like they do in MLB (or more if they are signing them down in the DR where the kid is 15 or 16). Fastpitch evaluators don't necessarily have the luxury of thinking they can take the raw talent and work with it. They need to be able to see the kid against the kind of pitching they are going to be facing when they play for them and see results.

Note, before anybody squawks at me, I AM NOT saying anything specific to the examples given above. Just making a general point.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Also, some of these long bombs from younger girls...look at the sizes of these girls comparatively. I don't doubt
some girl, with early growth spurts who are 12, 13 or 14yo and 5'7 or bigger and 140 pounds or more taking advantage
of average pitchers at that age and cranking some big shots out. Pitchers with not much speed and not great off speed pitches because they are 12 or 13yo. I doubt they are doing it on a consistent basis. Just like great young pitchers that prey on average hitting teams at that age. Goes
both ways.

But also, we all know some distances get exaggerated a little bit as well :)

Now hitting huge bombs off the best pitchers in the world consistently and having every pitcher scared to face you,
Bustos was a complete beast and best power hitting woman I have seen. And she swung a Miken Freak 34/26 slowpitch
bat early in her career when she made a name for herself :)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yeah on one of her travel teams the coach takes things way too seriously. I call her the softball Nazi. You can’t even give your kid a bottle of water. I skip those tournaments. So to your point she does get a chance to think for herself. But she still asks for advice when I’m around.
You said in an earlier post that your DD texts you during the game???? Wow! When you play for an actual team that plays in front of college coaches and they see you approach the dugout, that is the fastest way to get marked off their list. If your kid doesn't have enough water to last a game, there is a problem in hydration management. I wouldn't call that coach a Softball Nazi. I would her a good coach that doesn't want distractions in the dugout. You can get away with that if your team is the Hittin' Kittens, but no legitimate team would allow any coach near the dugout during a game and phones in the dugout. Are you kidding me?

Apr 28, 2019
Lol. It is really obvious that you have no idea who Bustos is or how completely, utterly dominant she was. Bigger, better stronger, faster? Than Bustos? No. It isn’t out there. She was so good that she hit one hopped pitches otf because that might be the best pitch she got to hit. No one was crazy enough to pitch to her. She is the greatest of all time and there is no argument to be made to the contrary.

I’ll say it again: No woman of any age is, was or will ever be in the same room with Crystl.

The question was asked above and I think it is a fair question to ask: who is watching these players you are talking about? Because if they are as good as you claim, there are P5 D1 coaches following them EVERYWHERE THEY GO. They are behind the backstop EVERY GAME.

Go ahead. Tell me about it.
I know exactly who Bustos is. I’m not going to tell you anything because apparently you feel you know it all in the softball world. By your own claim you confirmed what I said about girls being able to hit 250’-300’ foot moon shots.
Bustos was a freak there are other freaks out there.
I personally would rather hit 3 210’ foot shots rather than 1 250’ blast during a game. If the fence is 200’ you only need hit it 201 for a dinger.

Apr 28, 2019
You said in an earlier post that your DD texts you during the game???? Wow! When you play for an actual team that plays in front of college coaches and they see you approach the dugout, that is the fastest way to get marked off their list. If your kid doesn't have enough water to last a game, there is a problem in hydration management. I wouldn't call that coach a Softball Nazi. I would her a good coach that doesn't want distractions in the dugout. You can get away with that if your team is the Hittin' Kittens, but no legitimate team would allow any coach near the dugout during a game and phones in the dugout. Are you kidding me?
No not kidding. Big contrast. She played on a 14U A level team with the strict coach. The team stayed together even between games. On her other team a Nationally ranked 12U team kids would leave the dugout during the game and go sit in the stands with their friends & family. I really didn’t like this much you should stay with your team during games. But hey they were winning most tournaments entered in so nobody really cared.
Would be nice if there was a happy medium. No hydration issue daughter is just very forgetful and no matter how many reminders to pack everything you need the night before she always forgets something.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿;):ROFLMAO:
Anna hit a ball so hard last night Bustos heard it.........from North Carolina! She called me last night, we talked about it, pretty cool moment!

If she or anyone of her teammates used a phone in the dugout and her coach saw it..............NOT GOOD!! They wouldn't dare!

EDIT: Almost forgot, in our conversation about hitting philosophy........I had to correct her on a few issues, I'm glad I was able help her out and set her straight with a few pointers, we're buddies now! ;)

EDIT AGAIN: Another thing I just remembered, she really bucked me hard on squishing the bug, pretty sure I convinced her she was wrong............she's pretty strong willed! If I remember anything else I'll report back, it was pretty late when she called me!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿;):ROFLMAO:
Anna hit a ball so hard last night Bustos heard it.........from North Carolina! She called me last night, we talked about it, pretty cool moment!

If she or anyone of her teammates used a phone in the dugout and her coach saw it..............NOT GOOD!! They wouldn't dare!
Different strokes I guess....

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
SPC Sports is dumping 2019 PXT’s on EBay. Mostly 32” & 33”’s Price starts at .99 with no reserve. Full warranty. Average price is around $100.
Where are they breaking? Is it inside damage resulting in rattles?

Yep the ring inside comes loose and rattles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45