2020 ghost vs 2020 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I love these threads with the legendary 13 and 14 y/o hitting 230 and 260 ft bombs.

:rolleyes:

A girl on my DD's 14U team hit a few last year that were clearly in that range.

Here's one...The fence is about 10+ feet tall, at 235' from the plate (verified with Google Maps "measure" feature). It cleared with room to spare. This girl was 13 at the time.

Same kid...

To make it relevant to the thread, she swings a Ghost. I just put a 2020 Ghost in her hands yesterday.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
A girl on my DD's 14U team hit a few last year that were clearly in that range.

To make it relevant to the thread, she swings a Ghost. I just put a 2020 Ghost in her hands yesterday.

Nice video, I do believe you you Eric F because you have been around here a long time, and I know it happens from time to time, but not regularly. I've been around high level fastpitch a long time and haven't seen that many go more than 250-260, some more but not very many (good lord, how slow are those pitchers anyway?).

Who is this kid verballed to currently?

Dec 11, 2010
Was at a high level tournament four days last week. The environment was 16’s and 18’s, players committed to top P5 programs all over the place.

Saw a decent amount of hr’s on 200’ temp fences. They were “just” garden variety dingers if there is such a thing. Pretty much nbd.

One, however, stood out. People were still talking about it the next day. I happened to see it. Incoming hs sophomore hit a ball completely into the parking lot into the second or third row of cars. It was the farthest ball I have ever seen a high school aged player hit. People were estimating 250. She was one of the biggest, strongest looking high school aged softball players I had ever seen. Kid had crazy bat speed.

It really stood out. People who see a lot of high level softball were impressed and that isn’t easy. I followed that team around when dd wasn’t playing and watched a couple more games. That’s how interesting it was.

I have watched a whole lot of high school, tournament ball, travel ball and D1 college softball in person. I have only seen a ball hit that far a handful of times. Most were hit by D1 bomb droppers.

Mar 1, 2018
I don't believe you.
Though rare, I have seen a couple. My DD, last year as an 11 year old, hit her first 230’. A few months later, as a 12 y old, she hit her 2nd. I wasn’t there for that one but a close friend of mine, who saw both, said the 2nd went farther. She’s big for her age at 5’7” and 160’ish and already swings a 34/24 at 12. Based on what I’ve seen from her, and a couple others, you put a good swing on, with a big bat, barrel up the ball at a good launch angle and the ball is going to go a long way! I think the potential for more is out there, it’s just really difficult to barrel up the ball at the right contact point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802