2020 ghost vs 2020 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its true to dealers as well, some reps do nothing and some go over and above. Mizuno rep is awesome to us
and so is Mizuno. Easton is so-so. Rawlings is poop. Miken/Worth is ok.

Problem is, some bigger stores take advantage and ruin it for stores that use demos the right way.

Apr 22, 2015
4-4 doesn’t mean perfection. My opinion you have to much emphasis on numbers....A girl could go 4-4 with one decent hit, other could be a roll over dribbler that gets through the hole due to a fielder being out of place. Could be an outside pitch that she didn’t stay down and go opposite field and instead it’s a weak endcap spinner that she beats out for an infield hit...There are days where a 1-4 with 2 hard lineouts and a great catch by an outfielder on a ball in the gap, actually shows better hitting than someone who may have gone 4-4

It’s not just about bats WW. It’s about approach and position in the batters box as well.
I like the approach 1st at bat we’re taking until we get a strike. After that all bets are off. Pick your pitch and give it a ride. I really don’t like 1st pitch swinging in any at bat. I understand as a former pitcher the 1st pitch may be the best pitch you see because the pitcher is trying to get ahead in the count. I believe pitching is hard and you want the pitcher to throw as many pitches as possible to wear her down and hopefully get to the pen. I can’t give you numbers but it seems like most 1st pitch swings with contact result in outs.
My girls have never asked me for a bat. I don’t think they really care what brand they swing. I have a bat fetish and am always trying to set them up for success on the diamond.
Mechanically they are sound and really don’t need lessons at this point in time. We’re in pursuit of perfection!!! 4 for 4 every game!!! I never want equipment to be an issue. You buy quality equipment, you put in quality practice time you get quality results. Simple as that.

Apr 28, 2019
Its true to dealers as well, some reps do nothing and some go over and above. Mizuno rep is awesome to us
and so is Mizuno. Easton is so-so. Rawlings is poop. Miken/Worth is ok.

Problem is, some bigger stores take advantage and ruin it for stores that use demos the right way.
I couldn’t agree more Rawlings is terrible. Marucci isn’t much better.
Anderson Rep is awesome. Just don’t like anything but the Rocketech. The Supernova needs a decent connection joint. Way too much negative feedback.
I actually e-mailed corporate recently and asked if they were going to improve their connection joint for 2020.
Their response was they tested competitors bats and didn’t notice any difference. Competitors just hid the same joint that Anderson uses. Really??? that’s your rationale? I guess I’ve purchased my 1st and last Anderson. Unfriggin’ real.

Apr 28, 2019
4-4 doesn’t mean perfection. My opinion you have to much emphasis on numbers....A girl could go 4-4 with one decent hit, other could be a roll over dribbler that gets through the hole due to a fielder being out of place. Could be an outside pitch that she didn’t stay down and go opposite field and instead it’s a weak endcap spinner that she beats out for an infield hit...There are days where a 1-4 with 2 hard lineouts and a great catch by an outfielder on a ball in the gap, actually shows better hitting than someone who may have gone 4-4
Hard contact. It’s all about hard contact and exit velo these days. Other than a perfectly executed bunt. I’ll take that!!! I get what your saying that numbers don’t always tell the whole story. Any way you get on base and generate runs is a good thing!!! I personally hate errors & walks by the opposition. I want my teams to earn everything!!! I would rather lose a well played 2-1 game than win 20-0 snoozer.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We actually stopped dealing Marucci for the most part. Just terrible. We offered our rep to come to a demo
day for his baseball bats with a bunch of league teams here...he didn't have time...hahaha. Really. You're stuff is in
so demand, you don't have time to be bring your bats to let 150 kids use it and demo them. if he doesnt care, neither
do I.
I never offer their fastpitch stuff because they don't get it at all.

Rawlings, its not that their stuff isn't good...but good lord...nothing to help stores sell bats and no advertising. And our rep
is beyond lazy.

Apr 28, 2019
We actually stopped dealing Marucci for the most part. Just terrible. We offered our rep to come to a demo
day for his baseball bats with a bunch of league teams here...he didn't have time...hahaha. Really. You're stuff is in
so demand, you don't have time to be bring your bats to let 150 kids use it and demo them. if he doesnt care, neither
do I.
I never offer their fastpitch stuff because they don't get it at all.

Rawlings, its not that their stuff isn't good...but good lord...nothing to help stores sell bats and no advertising. And our rep
is beyond lazy.
I hear you. It’s unfortunate.

Dec 12, 2018
Looking to spend some more money. Always have been demarini and LS hitters but maybe a ghost is what need. She is 10 and been swinging demarini for 2 years. This new ghost sounds awesome but worried about reliability. She is pretty much a power hitter as now. My oldest swings a 17 LXT Hyper and is killing it. Is the ghost worth giving it a try or stand with the reliable new LXT. THANK YOU
One of the Best bat price and performance pound for pound Is the Xeno

Apr 28, 2019
One of the Best bat price and performance pound for pound Is the Xeno
IIMO I would stick with the LXT. Bigger sweet spot, more reliable, more forgiving on mishits. I like the Ghost only bat I have been injured by. I would demo the new dual stamp if you can. I wold use the LXT as my main bat and supplement with Ghost & Xeno seeing they usually are slightly end loaded and over weight. The LXT is more to spec and is more more evenly balanced.
My twin 13yr olds both use the 17 drop 9 as their main bat. Against slower pitchers we will use heavier drop 10’s and end loaded drop 9/10’s. Of course we adjust our position in the box according to skill/speed of pitchers.
We have the 18 ASA Ghost and it’s scary when your pitching and it gets barreled-up. I had to start using a net indoors over the Winter. Took a shot to lower stomach and had ball imprinted down there for a month. Took one off the side of my knee with a damn screen. It’s a bat worth having just not sold on it as my main bat.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
DD is on her 5th PXT 33 drop 10 of the season so we will be replacing with either the 2020 Ghost or 2020 LXT 33 drop 9 if (when) her latest PXT breaks. She absolutely loves the PXT so is hoping to find something with a similar swing weight. Was really hoping the RXT was a similar weight but it is much more balanced.

Apr 28, 2019
DD is on her 5th PXT 33 drop 10 of the season so we will be replacing with either the 2020 Ghost or 2020 LXT 33 drop 9 if (when) her latest PXT breaks. She absolutely loves the PXT so is hoping to find something with a similar swing weight. Was really hoping the RXT was a similar weight but it is much more balanced.
Yeah I’m looking into getting a 2019 PXT. The performance reviews I’ve read are very good but they also say they develop rattles quickly is some. In the size I’m looking for they are going on auction for $80- 120. with full warranty no reserve. That’s worth a shot to me.
You may want to consider Quatro & Quatro Pro end loaded bats as well. Not trying to talk you out of a Ghost but they are good bats and cost less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12