2020 ghost vs 2020 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you madbandit. My 13yr old is is crushing it with the hyper. Just don't wanna jump on the bandwagon so much with my 10 yr old with the ghost when LS is still kicking butt

I'm in the same spot.

Daughter doing great with 2018 LXT. But tempted to buy her a Ghost. Or Xeno. I don't know why.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Nope..hardly see any Rawlings bats in OK. If Core wants to give me a few for free I can have my 70 lb 9 YO DD swing it to see if we can drum up some business in the TB circuit with her mighty displays of power..Alo who?? What do you say @CoreSoftball20 ? .. :LOL:

hahahaha, hardly see them anywhere damn it :)

And I wish I could, Rawlings doesn't do anything to help us sell

Oct 4, 2018
I walk over to dugout/bench. Many softball fields in our area are lucky to have a fence. An actual dugout is a luxury. Most fields just have a higher fence in front of a bench. Makes for easy communication. Also they will text on occasion when I try and stay away.

Our parent/player contract says parents can't talk to girls in dugout during games.

Man, before this we had parents walking right into the dugout during games.

I get the urge. I have that urge. But best to save it for after the game. I've seen zero good come out of parents doing anything other than "Great hit Sally".

Jun 8, 2016
Hahahaha...baby steps...soon she will be putting them over :)
Depends on the week with her. She has so little body awareness that I wonder at times if I asked her to touch her nose would she actually be able to do it consistently.

In some things she is gifted athletically. Being able to consistently repeat good hitting mechanics isn't one of those things it appears.

Apr 28, 2019
Bean, I would say see if anyone on your team has one and swing before you buy. She might love it but it is a really different bat than what she is currently swinging.

MB, I seriously say this not to criticize. But I think instead of a bat for every situation, maybe you ought to work on adjustability in the players swing. You could pay for a lot of lessons with what you spend on bats. It would pay off in performance pretty much immediately.
It’s not just about bats WW. It’s about approach and position in the batters box as well.
I like the approach 1st at bat we’re taking until we get a strike. After that all bets are off. Pick your pitch and give it a ride. I really don’t like 1st pitch swinging in any at bat. I understand as a former pitcher the 1st pitch may be the best pitch you see because the pitcher is trying to get ahead in the count. I believe pitching is hard and you want the pitcher to throw as many pitches as possible to wear her down and hopefully get to the pen. I can’t give you numbers but it seems like most 1st pitch swings with contact result in outs.
My girls have never asked me for a bat. I don’t think they really care what brand they swing. I have a bat fetish and am always trying to set them up for success on the diamond.
Mechanically they are sound and really don’t need lessons at this point in time. We’re in pursuit of perfection!!! 4 for 4 every game!!! I never want equipment to be an issue. You buy quality equipment, you put in quality practice time you get quality results. Simple as that.

Apr 28, 2019
Best advice, I tell most folks to do this.

Most bats are different, what one likes, the other wont. Weights and feel are diff for all of them.
Exactly. That’s why it’s crucial to demo bats before buying them. It’s just not always easy to demo the bats your interested in. Some reps are much more accommodating than others.

Apr 28, 2019
Our parent/player contract says parents can't talk to girls in dugout during games.

Man, before this we had parents walking right into the dugout during games.

I get the urge. I have that urge. But best to save it for after the game. I've seen zero good come out of parents doing anything other than "Great hit Sally".
After the game is no good and too late. Everybody and their brother now says don’t talk about your daughters performance after the game or on the ride home. The girls just want to decompress and relax.
I text before the game and try and stay away during the game unless something stands out to me.
As an example I tell the girls stand at the back corner of the plate and use the 17 LXT your 1st at bat to see where you wanna be against this pitcher. If your pulling the ball over the 3rd base dugout obviously move to the front of the plate and grab a heavier bat next time around.
So what I get 1st at bat we’re gonna grab the heaviest bat in the bag and stand a foot out in front of the plate. Why??? If they would only listen Dad could relax and enjoy the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449