2020 ghost vs 2020 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2019
I walk over to dugout/bench. Many softball fields in our area are lucky to have a fence. An actual dugout is a luxury. Most fields just have a higher fence in front of a bench. Makes for easy communication. Also they will text on occasion when I try and stay away.
Wow, our organization will sack a girl whose parents walk up to the dugout and phones aren't allowed in the dugout

Apr 28, 2019
I’ll second Dford42 on this. Sometimes it’s tough to watch them struggle, but failure can be beneficial. One thing I found that helps both DD, and myself, is taking in game slo-mo videos of her swings, (discretely of course so as to not make her nervous) and then review them with her a couple days after. I found that she responds better to seeing the swings for herself.
I hear what your saying but I’m there to see them succeed. It’s not a constant thing and I really try not to hover. But when I see something obvious I need to point that out so they understand for next time. I can’t talk to them after the game because they don’t want to hear it or don’t remember the play I’m talking about.

Apr 28, 2019
Wow, our organization will sack a girl whose parents walk up to the dugout and phones aren't allowed in the dugout
Yeah on one of her travel teams the coach takes things way too seriously. I call her the softball Nazi. You can’t even give your kid a bottle of water. I skip those tournaments. So to your point she does get a chance to think for herself. But she still asks for advice when I’m around.

May 12, 2016
The only endcaps I have seen bust are by hits off the endcap...not made to hit down there :)
All endcaps can suffer consequences when hit .
I see hits off the end of the bat all the time. The Ghost is the first end cap I've seen blown.. I am sure there are dozens of people on here that can testify it happening to other brands. End caps shouldn't bust like that, that's why they are covered under warranty as well.

As I said, I am speaking from my personal experience.. based on what I'VE seen, the Ghost has experienced more catastrophic failures than any other bat. I am sure somebody else will have a different experience.

With all that being said, I would still most certainly recommend the Ghost.. I think that speaks for its performance. I've only seen one kid revert back to her old Xeno and she seems to hit better with it. Every other girl on the team hits the ball harder and further more consitently with the Ghost

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That ucla uses the Eastons and Easton giving nice fat discounts to certain organizations helps with the bats popularity.

Bats are a funny thing and each brand has a cyclical demand. The CF8 was awesome, everyone loved it, the black LXT was pretty amazing as well. Then your organization makes everyone swing Mizuno NightHawks and those things are duds, everyone hates them, the organization switches it up to allow Wilson and Louisville bats and everyone's happy, until Mizuno comes out with new great bats. Then the kid swings a Rawlings at Mary Nutter, hears the Phoenix is coming back or joins a team with a fat Easton discount and the bat bucket in the garage gets another addition.

Bats, man, bats

I'll take the nice fat discounts from Batman, thank you very much (better than what I can get though my DD's team deal).

I know the org you're talking about. A friend has vented his frustrations to me many times about being required to buy new gear for his DD. Being a catcher makes it especially painful. This is one factor in why we haven't given much consideration to teams of that org.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802