2020 ghost vs 2020 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2019
Looking to spend some more money. Always have been demarini and LS hitters but maybe a ghost is what need. She is 10 and been swinging demarini for 2 years. This new ghost sounds awesome but worried about reliability. She is pretty much a power hitter as now. My oldest swings a 17 LXT Hyper and is killing it. Is the ghost worth giving it a try or stand with the reliable new LXT. THANK YOU

Apr 28, 2019
Looking to spend some more money. Always have been demarini and LS hitters but maybe a ghost is what need. She is 10 and been swinging demarini for 2 years. This new ghost sounds awesome but worried about reliability. She is pretty much a power hitter as now. My oldest swings a 17 LXT Hyper and is killing it. Is the ghost worth giving it a try or stand with the reliable new LXT. THANK YOU
Like you my girls are currently using 17 LXT and doing well.
We have the 18 ASA Ghost and it’s a quality bat. We haven’t had any reliability issues. The only issue I see with Ghost is consistency. The sweet spot seems to be smaller than LXT. When you square it up it performs very well. If you miss slightly it’s a dud. LXT just seems to be more forgiving.
I’m hoping the 2020 is more consistent.
The early feedback seems to suggest the new Slugger RXT is more similar to the Ghost than the LXT.
I would say the 18 Ghost is more similar to the Xeno. Xeno is more consistent as well and slightly end loaded like Ghost.
I’m looking to purchase a couple of bats as well. Gathering feedback and looking forward to demoing 2020’s.’
Honestly I like the 2019 Sluggers better than the 2020’s. The bats are unchanged from 2019 just a new paint scheme. I’m going with a 2018/2019 LXT drop 11, and looking at 2020 Ghost or Quatro Pro drop 11. May grab a 2nd LXT if not impressed with Ghost or Quatro Pro.

Jun 4, 2019
Thank you madbandit. My 13yr old is is crushing it with the hyper. Just don't wanna jump on the bandwagon so much with my 10 yr old with the ghost when LS is still kicking butt

Apr 28, 2019
Thank you madbandit. My 13yr old is is crushing it with the hyper. Just don't wanna jump on the bandwagon so much with my 10 yr old with the ghost when LS is still kicking butt
I have twin 13yr olds they use LXT for faster pitchers and Xeno’s or PXT, Rocketech for slower pitchers.
As an example last week 1st at bat with Ghost pop-up to SS, 2nd at bat against same pitcher 230’ shot to left center with 17 drop 9 LXT. 3rd at bat gapper to right center with Ghost. Only reason she changed bats is because they ask me what bat to use before every at bat and I like to experiment a little.

Jun 4, 2019
That's awesome that coach would ask. Ours wouldn't. I'm still firm believer In L/S. SO L/S or ghost

Dec 11, 2010
Bean, I would say see if anyone on your team has one and swing before you buy. She might love it but it is a really different bat than what she is currently swinging.

MB, I seriously say this not to criticize. But I think instead of a bat for every situation, maybe you ought to work on adjustability in the players swing. You could pay for a lot of lessons with what you spend on bats. It would pay off in performance pretty much immediately.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Bean, I would say see if anyone on your team has one and swing before you buy. She might love it but it is a really different bat than what she is currently swinging.

Best advice, I tell most folks to do this.

Most bats are different, what one likes, the other wont. Weights and feel are diff for all of them.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This new ghost sounds awesome but worried about reliability.

My DD's hard-hitting 14U team has 5 (maybe 6?) players using the 2018 ASA Ghost (the blue one). We've had one break...13 months after purchase...by a girl who is 6'/180lbs and crushes with regularity AND shares her bat frequently. That bat was worked over. A 260' foul ball was it's final song. My DD's Ghost is a little older. It get shared a lot too, and my kid hits pretty hard. It's still doing just fine. So are all other other Ghosts on the team.

Here's the thing...All bats break. All of them. Top level performance is a balancing act with durability. Hearing lots of stories about Ghosts breaking is more a testament to how many are being used than a significant flaw in the bat. From what I'm seeing out on the fields of So Cal travel ball every weekend, no bat is more popular than the Ghost right now.

I will soon have 3 new 2020 Ghosts on the way to me for my DD and 2 of her teammates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812