2020 Ghost...Due out June 10'ish

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2018
I’ve seen it stated by Core and others that USSSA has adopted the ASA bat specs for 2019, hence the Ghost and Prism now having dual stamps. Is there anything out there to confirm this?

I’ve got people already stating they won’t buy a 2020 because it won’t be as hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While people will say that they are not as hot out the wrapper as the blue asa ghost I agree but after 100 swings the gold ghost is the same as the blue ghost. So the new 5 stamp will be interesting, will it be like the blue right out the wrapper? Or will it be like gold? I could care less as long as they are hitting as hard as blue/gold do now after some seasoning.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I talked with 2 USSSA commissioners, thats all I got...haha

I didnt ask for them to send me a signed letter :)

In all honesty, people are gonna have their ideas no matter what. Hardest thing
to do is convince people when they already have something they believe. They
will always have it in the back of their mind.

Just like sasquatch...I know they are out there. People can tell me no and data proof that
they cant exist, but damn it, I know what I know...haha :)

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If I am able to dig something up, I will. USSSA isnt very helpful, kind of an unpleasant bunch.
I will text the one U-trip comm I know well and see if he can find something but I think he is in SC
doing a tourney. I will also text Easton and see if he can send me something.

If not, Will have to settle for a demo when I get one :)

Jun 6, 2018

Interesting video and concerned not able to demo it and report on it.

Something about it being balance makes me think it won’t have that same pop as the previous ghost.

Really interested to see how this one stacks up because the blue ghost arguably the best bat since it came on the scene.

Sep 10, 2017
Southeast US
I’m having a hard time believing that Easton would mess up a good thing too much.

-10 not being the same as the -10 ASA bat from the last couple of years seems like and odd choice. -10 seems to be the most common weight by far. I know several power hitters that stick with a drop 10 (HS age) rather than a -9 or -8.

I guess we’ll know in a few weeks, but changing it would not be a wise course of action unless they managed to get the same level of performance as the original. There is no doubt the ASA bat lived up to the hype over the last couple of years. I saw it with my own eyes in many games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Interesting video and concerned not able to demo it and report on it.
Something about it being balance makes me think it won’t have that same pop as the previous ghost.
Really interested to see how this one stacks up because the blue ghost arguably the best bat since it came on the scene.

Because it prob isn't their bat...their rep prob brought one around so they could do their vid. Wasn't there
to take out and hit the heck out of it...haha

Also, remember, their current bats were balanced as well...but overweight like most bats. Im not huge into
the balanced thing for bats anyway. Quality control in bat weights just aren't perfect enough to live by
it. Also, what one person feels as balanced, another thinks its got a little endload. I get it all the time with the PC.
Some will tell me its really balanced, and some will tell me it has a little endload. I would tend to think its gonna
have the same weighting as before...but until I get one, cant say for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
The “Closeout Bats” folks are good dudes. We are going to a tournament in New Jersey near their headquarters at end of June. They’ve got a storefront and facility for demoing bats. Several girls from my DD’s team are gonna stop there and try a few bats. My daughter wants to try the new Ghost and the new L/S RXT. I’ll be interested to see if she likes either as much as her LXT.

Jun 6, 2018
Wow anytime you can get an official date on the advanced I would love to know. Hopefully mid July as oldest wants it for nationals. If it is fall they missed the boat for their most sales.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802