2020 Ghost...Due out June 10'ish

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010

I'm happy to see the -9/8 showing "end loaded". I'm wondering though, did they actually put some of that weight in the end of the barrel, or they're just saying end loaded because it's heavier?

I think people’s definitions of endloaded are different and I do not know if this is a scientific comparison but the white pvc that the bats are on is the balance point. I do not have a -10 Ghost for the lineup but these are all 33” bats. For the non-bat junkies among us, that silver bat next to the -8 Ghost is one of the most endloaded bats ever commonly used.

As far as Easton describing their low drop ghosts as end loaded, the -8’s have always been marked as “end loaded feel”. I’ll leave what that means to the experts.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017
Can Easton really make a bat with an even longer barrel and have it be lighter? Easton’s are known for being heavier than sticker.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Lets not get crazy, I doubt its gonna be like 5 inches longer...haha. You can always adjust little things in
a design to add somewhere else if you look hard enough. Heck, if you made the bat closer to weight, you
could easily add a half inch or whatever and stay same weight as current bats.
Again, no idea yet so its all just talk for now and no solid backup

Jun 6, 2018
Can Easton really make a bat with an even longer barrel and have it be lighter?

New lighter more durable resin/materials. I know they rave about it in the ADV baseball side. Most say it is lighter but stronger and ball jumps off of it. I just hate the first talk about it seems to indicate a mid-September release 👎👎👎

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know the baseball ADV is doing well, our demo at the batting cages seems to be getting hit a lot

That's why Im trying to steer clear of talking too much about it with such little info and time

Apr 28, 2019
The “Closeout Bats” folks are good dudes. We are going to a tournament in New Jersey near their headquarters at end of June. They’ve got a storefront and facility for demoing bats. Several girls from my DD’s team are gonna stop there and try a few bats. My daughter wants to try the new Ghost and the new L/S RXT. I’ll be interested to see if she likes either as much as her LXT.
Your daughter has good taste in bats. I’m interested in hearing about the RXT. IMO the LXT is the best bat in Fastpitch!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802