2020 Ghost...Due out June 10'ish

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
Any reason as to why Easton is being so secretive with stuff being posted this year? Saw it posted on Amazon (thru Amazon Services and not third party) for about 5 days and now the link was removed today.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I got into this a little bit ago.

Easton is doing a severe crack down on dealers that use third party sites to break rules. Meaning fake
store websites to break mapp, certain stores that have "reps" all over facebook running illegal raffles and
mapp violations, using names on ebay to break mapp, amazon to break mapp. They sent a form to all
dealers that they have to turn in every outlet they are on and every "rep" and their facebook pages.

They have a list of hundreds of ebay/amazon names, they have stores on the internet that aren't dealers run by auth stores.

Easton is using the 2020 Ghost for leverage...if you cant play by the rules, you don't get the Ghost

Last edited:

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds

Easton is doing a severe crack down on dealers that use third party sites to break rules. Meaning fake

I understand that. But why is Easton keeping such a lid (NDA like) on releasing information and specs about the multi-stamp Ghost? Why have they not posted about it on their own site? To me it seems to be "forbidden fruit" marketing. 😉

Mar 7, 2016
I dont see how that strategy will help Easton though. Less volume with higher margins vs more volume with lower margins. May be a win for those that get to stock them, but it isnt a win for the consumer and wont be a win at the end of their fiscal year when revenues are down. They are betting their reputation for this brand and technology will outpace the volume. Wont be long and the technology will be across several brands.

I can understand why you are not a fan of all the reps undercutting you and basically selling for nothing as its not good business for you, but in the long run if this choice doesn't pan out its one less brand the honest retailers will lose anyways.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Less volume with higher margins vs more volume with lower margins.

Figured this was a better answer to try and explain what goes on and why they want to stop some things.

This is a store thing with margins...not manufacturer. Manufacturers make so and so on a bat, no matter what. They don't make any more or less no matter what a store sells for. That's where the problem comes from...they are getting wayyyyy less stores buying bats. They don't care what the store sells for, as long as its not advertised under mapp. But when store after store says nah, we don't want any bats...that's what effects Easton.

You have no idea how much of a whoopin their slowpitch sales are taking and how many stores don't want any part of them.

People still have their contacts SE...not like people wont get their deals still. They aren't trying to force people to pay more. Just to limit the facebook and third party stuff going on that is keeping their other stores from buying. BTW, the raffles are against the law...no grey area.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015

store websites to break mapp, certain stores that have "reps" all over facebook running illegal raffles and
mapp violations, using names on ebay to break mapp, amazon to break mapp. They sent a form to all
dealers that they have to turn in every outlet they are on and every "rep" and their facebook pages.

They have a list of hundreds of ebay/amazon names, they have stores on the internet that aren't dealers run by auth stores.

I think Easton has finally seen the short term isn't good for the long term and I think others may follow. I have
been talking to my guy extensively for the past month about this. Many dealers that used to carry Easton products
do not anymore because of certain stores that have 1000 reps doing raffles on facebook, ebay/amazon violations.
Stores that could be selling a good amount of bats, just don't carry them anymore because of facebook reps.
There is no point to carry stock bats when you know certain stores are just gonna have 1000 reps raffling on facebook
and sell for cost and kill sales. Stores only will take loses for so long until they stop stocking bats.
And that's whats happening. Many stores that used to stock bats are just not ordering
any or ordering as needed and only a couple.

Easton is using the 2020 Ghost for leverage...if you cant play by the rules, you don't get the Ghost

Is this the same thing Wison does?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, Easton is cracking down on the third party stuff and breaking their rules. The stores
this will effect are more of the online guys all over facebook, ebay and amazon that break rules.
They are trying to get more of their stores to buy, not get rid of. They aren't even getting rid of reps, stores
just have to report them all to Easton and their facebook pages to be monitored.

I don't wanna get this thread way off with stuff that really has nothing to do with the bat or that
anyone needs to worry about. This stuff is only for the stores that have issues and wont effect
customers.
I was just trying to answer why they have been so stealthy on the 2020 Ghost. That
was just my opinion as to why some of it is. They may have more, no idea.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019
Just saw a Canadian company offering the ghost for pre orders... smash it sports.
Same bast we have seen the college girls using already

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Preorders are annoying...Then if the bat is delayed...you're on the hook and people are on you 24/7.
I used to do that, but I would rather just spend a whole first day taking calls and orders and know Im
shipping the bat when I have them

May 8, 2019
Preorders are annoying...Then if the bat is delayed...you're on the hook and people are on you 24/7.
I used to do that, but I would rather just spend a whole first day taking calls and orders and know Im
shipping the bat when I have them
I understand but inwas just showing there are people out there now advertising the bat and showing the pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802