2020 Ghost Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
Question............... how can the hottest bat get hotter if there are standards in place that limit the performance of bats for safety reasons? Didn't the original Ghost already bump up against the upper level of the performance standard?

May 29, 2019
Hotter marketing > hotter hype > hotter perceived performance...It' going to be the hottest bat ever, so we are being told.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hotter marketing > hotter hype > hotter perceived performance...It' going to be the hottest bat ever, so we are being told.

Every description has it...haha...not the first if you read every new bat that comes out. Just like "largest sweetspot",
"most pop", "most distance" or whatever else.

I consider it a different model to their lineup. It will probably be an acquired taste with the knob.

Jun 19, 2012
Here is why it has me intrigued. My DD just had an injury to her tfcc late last year and has been working back all this spring from it. Inside pitches absolutely tear her up now. She swings mostly the asa ghost so I'm looking at it from the vibration damping aspect.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think vibration is something every bat tries to work on every year but still keep the feel.
Easton is not a soft bat, so getting less vibration/feedback is a constant improvement.

May 29, 2019
I have a few slappers who won’t use the ghost because it is end heavy and an ounce over sticker weight. If the advanced is truer to weight and is indeed more balanced I think they will switch as long as the bat has at least the pop the regular ghost has.
My oldest DD is in the same boat. She is a true triple threat, swings away about 40% -50% of the time. She goes back and forth between a Demarini Slapper and a -11 CF Zen. She loves the truly balanced feel of those bats, but often wonders if she is missing out on the "advantage" that her teammates have that swing the Ghost. I would definitely be interested in giving the Advanced a try if it is lighter swinging and more balanced.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812