2020 Ghost Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, he is right that there is a baseball Adv, but he isn't realizing you can have two diff bats with the same Adv name :)

And I am 100% positive it will be dual stamped

May 29, 2015
Houghton High School in Houghton, Michigan ...The Houghton Gremlins!

Article on a softball double header against the Ishpeming Hematites ... yowsers.

Not from Houghton:
1573587907768.jpeg
1573588004147.jpeg

1573588055046.jpeg

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It is similar technology as the 2020 ghost that is already out correct?

Couple diff changes but same inner tech. Supposed to be the Adv composite/slightly bigger barrel/handle knob is diff and
maybe endcap change.

Again, they aren't out so I have no idea how it feels or anything

Oct 31, 2019
I am going to buy a ghost for my daughter/me lol either the one that is already out or wait for advanced. Decisions decisions 😆

Oct 31, 2019
What are your thoughts? Should I buy the 2020 ghost that is already out or should I hold out for the new ghost advanced.

Jun 6, 2018
Does anyone know if the ghost advanced will be able to be used in all leagues/tournaments?

The ones given to a handful of Easton rep colleges this fall to tryout had all 5 stamps on them. Also, if you go out to ebay and search ghost advance completed listings it will show you the actual bat from this fall and it has all 5 stamps right on it.

Jun 6, 2018
What are your thoughts? Should I buy the 2020 ghost that is already out or should I hold out for the new ghost advanced.

Here are my questions and answers (just my 2 cents as your daughter is the ultimate decision maker)

The advance is similar to the adv on the boys side. The college testing of it this fall went really well including some of the UCLA testers saying they want it as soon as possible to use during winter and to be ready to use the start of ball next February.

Will your daughter be playing any competitive winter tournaments or is it just indoor practice and maybe 1 dome tournament over the winter? If just practices then you are in no need to buy now. Then I would definitely say wait until the advance is out and have her try both and ultimately make the decision herself.

The differences in the two bats should be the following and I like the way it was explained to me by an easton rep. Does your daughter like the xeno (overweight) feel with the ghost pop or would she prefer the balanced (more demarini) feel with the ghost pop?

If she prefers a heavier feel then the current ghost is the bat for her. If she prefers a balanced (lighter) feel similar to demarini then the advance will be more suited for her.

But like I said if you can wait have her try both and make the ultimate decision herself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28