2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
Just got off the phone with my daughter who plays for a D1 school. They are switching to Easton this season from Louisville. She was able to hit the Easton Ghost Advanced. She says she likes it. This is coming from a kid who has been a die hard Xeno/LXT fan since 2012.

My kids school got 10 new Ghost Advanced, and she has been using it, after putting down her 18 ghost summer before last and using her 17 LXT since then. She's hit well with it during fall camp so far.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you think you are gonna get a Ghost on sticker...not gonna happen. I have told people, figure an ounce.
Almost like the last bunch of batches of the Blue Ghost.

Honestly, this is known from how many years of Easton...they are overweight. Maybe not as bad as prior bats
and they def aren't as end heavy as prior...but still overweight. People that complain about the weight, just need
to ask questions and do some research first...that's all. And by ask questions, I don't mean to go onto a stores site
and ask someone who is just gonna try and sell a bat. You are only gonna get what they think you wanna hear to
sell a bat

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Also, yes, bats run heavy. So if you have a small girl and she swings a 31/21 and the bat runs 22oz...may not
get the performance you are looking for. And especially if they came from a drop11 already.
Think the drop11s will give people a little more options at the 31/20-33/22 range

May 24, 2013
So Cal
From what I have seen the 2020 Ghost doesn't look as hot as the 2018 ASA, but then again I have been watching 1st year 12U girls that probably should be using a -11 and they have been using a -10. It will be interesting once the -11s start showing up.

My DD and two teammates moved from the ASA/blue Ghost to the 2020 Ghost this past summer (14U TB). All of the loved the new bat, and felt the bat was every bit as hot as the previous model. All of them continued to crush just like they did before.

Apr 28, 2019
Also, yes, bats run heavy. So if you have a small girl and she swings a 31/21 and the bat runs 22oz...may not
get the performance you are looking for. And especially if they came from a drop11 already.
Think the drop11s will give people a little more options at the 31/20-33/22 range
Core- Not just Easton but it seems many drop 11 bats actually run heavier than drop 10’s. Any experience with this?
My point is buying a drop 11 may not be the answer if your looking for a lighter bat to improve bat speed. Drop 10 may be the way to go.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There is only one drop11 that is close to weight...the CF's. The PC is prob next in line. heck, I have had Xenos
be 1.5-2.0 over and some LXTs were just as bad in the drop11s in the past. So its not just one brand so people
understand. And I have said it before...inner tech adds some issue in trying to keep weight down in the little bats.

Most 11s are basically drop10s. So if someone is in need of a drop10 Ghost, I have had many go with a drop11 Ghost the
past couple years to be safe. You aren't talking people trying to go lighter and bat speed when doing this, its more about
getting the right weight.

Im not for just buying light bats to try and improve bat speed at all. Think too many people think a light bat will
automatically be better, which it is not. BUT...an overweight bat doenst help matters. So if someone is swinging
a bat that weighs 21oz and wants to move up...some people buying Ghosts will do a 32/21...which is basically going up
one bat size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802