2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2018
2) trying to get the hype train rolling.

My money is on this as they initially wanted the bat out in September/October but after two rounds of beta testing coming back and complaining that it felt severely end loaded (something they did not want) they have been working on it and pushed it back to first quarter 2020. Nothing better than saying a bat is "too hot" in initial testing to build up demand for the product.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Doubt it was that...I kinda know for a fact it was pushed back so that the Dual Ghost was given more time to sell
and since the drop11 Dual wasn't even going to be out yet before the planned Adv launch. It was a terrible original
plan to bring out another bat 2-3 months after you launch your brand new main line bat and didn't
even have all the weights released on that yet.

Because then, your drop11 Dual is basically selling against the drop11 Adv...not even bringing up the Dual
would be selling against the ADV as well since its so soon released to each other.

Last edited:
May 9, 2010
Saw this note today about the Ghost Advanced. Core, any knowledge if this is true?

"Our Easton rep told us it may never come out. It has failed tests twice already because it did not break soon enough. Also told it was the hottest by far. Rep said exit speeds were 5-7 mph faster than the asa and dual stamp."

Just got off the phone with my daughter who plays for a D1 school. They are switching to Easton this season from Louisville. She was able to hit the Easton Ghost Advanced. She says she likes it. This is coming from a kid who has been a die hard Xeno/LXT fan since 2012.

Dec 14, 2018
I just sent my daughters 2020 ghost into Easton as the barrel had cracks in two spots, opposite sides of barrel and the barrel became loose at the rubber connector. first I've seen or heard of the bat having durability issues and she takes very good care of her equipment. Easton was very easy to work with and Easton is sending a replacement. Hopefully in time for Districts.

Jun 19, 2016
From what I have seen the 2020 Ghost doesn't look as hot as the 2018 ASA, but then again I have been watching 1st year 12U girls that probably should be using a -11 and they have been using a -10. It will be interesting once the -11s start showing up.

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
Drop 10 are really drop 9. Just put it on a scale. I returned my bat to Easton for a replacement because at first the sound changed to a higher pitch then it cracked. My daughter had it 2 months before this happened. Now back to Demarini

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
Drop 10 are really drop 9. Just put it on a scale. I returned my bat to Easton for a replacement because at first the sound changed to a higher pitch then it cracked. My daughter had it 2 months before this happened. Now back to Demarini
Is this true. My DD's ASA is about used up and want to get her the new ghost in a drop 9 but availability is no where to be found. They are saying maybe end of October now before drop 9 is back

Feb 15, 2017
DDs 2020 32/22 weighs in at 23.6. More than a little over. But...because the 2020 is a little more balanced than the blue ghost she can swing it without issue against uppers 50s pitching (07).

Teammate has a blue 32/22 and DD looked lost trying to handle that thing.

Apr 28, 2019
I just sent my daughters 2020 ghost into Easton as the barrel had cracks in two spots, opposite sides of barrel and the barrel became loose at the rubber connector. first I've seen or heard of the bat having durability issues and she takes very good care of her equipment. Easton was very easy to work with and Easton is sending a replacement. Hopefully in time for Districts.
I’ve only seen one other post where the 2020 Ghost cracked. Most reviews are very positive. We just started
From what I have seen the 2020 Ghost doesn't look as hot as the 2018 ASA, but then again I have been watching 1st year 12U girls that probably should be using a -11 and they have been using a -10. It will be interesting once the -11s start showing up.
I’m hearing it’s at least as hot as 18 Ghost. This is 14-16 yr old girls. Very positive feedback. That’s why I purchased the bat based on 4.7 stars out of 5 in hundreds of reviews and feedback from local kids.
Of course after the purchase I saw a cracked bat on a post and a few reviews that weren’t impressed. My take is you have lemons in everything manufactured and the bat was probably too heavy for the reviewers that were not impressed/satisfied.
I just started the process of returning 18 Ghost that cracked recently in two separate places. We’ll see how that goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101