2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2019
Help with discussion I’m having with another parent. We are weighing the differences between the new prism and new ghost. He says he read an article stating that they put rings in the new ghost to get USSSA approved so it won’t be as hot as the blue ghost. Anyone know if that is true? My daughter has a 2019 LXT and just got a blue ghost. She’s written off the LXT and loves the ghost. I want to get her the 2020 ghost so she doesn’t have to keep going back and forth (rec & travel).

I’m a newbie to the composite bat world so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Thanks!

Apr 28, 2019
Help with discussion I’m having with another parent. We are weighing the differences between the new prism and new ghost. He says he read an article stating that they put rings in the new ghost to get USSSA approved so it won’t be as hot as the blue ghost. Anyone know if that is true? My daughter has a 2019 LXT and just got a blue ghost. She’s written off the LXT and loves the ghost. I want to get her the 2020 ghost so she doesn’t have to keep going back and forth (rec & travel).

I’m a newbie to the composite bat world so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Thanks!
What size is the LXT? We have the ASA Blue Ghost as you call it. Good bat just not as consistent as 17 LXT & 18/19 Xeno’s.
My daughter hits rockets or duds with Ghost. Rockets & Lazers with Sluggers.
Not sure about rings. My understanding is Utrip kind of gave in and accepted ASA standards.

Dec 11, 2010

Welcome to the boards. And not a stupid question. Many are wondering the same thing. According to everything I have read, the ‘20 is going to be the same bat.

Unfortunately, we won’t really know that until we get them in our hands.

DD is in a pretty big tournament in a couple weeks, I’m really hoping Easton will be there with some demos.

I think it is a good sign that some of the ‘20 Ghosts are showing up in NCAA play and have been for several weeks.

Don’t doubt the bat your dd chose. It’s a good one and it apparently works well for her.

May 15, 2019
What size is the LXT? We have the ASA Blue Ghost as you call it. Good bat just not as consistent as 17 LXT & 18/19 Xeno’s.
My daughter hits rockets or duds with Ghost. Rockets & Lazers with Sluggers.
Not sure about rings. My understanding is Utrip kind of gave in and accepted ASA standards.
Her LXT is a 31/19. She used it last night and you can just tell the hits are harder coming off the ghost . Her ghost is a 31/21. I guess the heavier bat just works better for her. She goes from hard line drives to the back of the outfield with the ghost to barely making it to the grass with the LXT.

May 15, 2019
Welcome to the boards. And not a stupid question. Many are wondering the same thing. According to everything I have read, the ‘20 is going to be the same bat.

Unfortunately, we won’t really know that until we get them in our hands.

DD is in a pretty big tournament in a couple weeks, I’m really hoping Easton will be there with some demos.

I think it is a good sign that some of the ‘20 Ghosts are showing up in NCAA play and have been for several weeks.

Don’t doubt the bat your dd chose. It’s a good one and it apparently works well for her.
Thanks! I think we are going to go ahead and preorder the ‘20 ghost and sell the LXT. Now that it’s in her head - she will never like the LXT again anyway 🙄

Apr 28, 2019
Her LXT is a 31/19. She used it last night and you can just tell the hits are harder coming off the ghost . Her ghost is a 31/21. I guess the heavier bat just works better for her. She goes from hard line drives to the back of the outfield with the ghost to barely making it to the grass with the LXT.
Ok gotcha. I was going to say I’ll take the LXT off your hands but not the right size. Two ounces will make a huge difference. Plus the Ghost is slightly endloaded and the LXT is ultra balanced.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
He says he read an article stating that they put rings in the new ghost to get USSSA approved so it won’t be as hot as the blue ghost. Anyone know if that is true?

Well, the Ghosts already have an inner barrel, so the disc thing your friend read was very much false.
You wouldnt have the inner barrel AND discs.

Hey Puddy, no stupid questions ever man and welcome. Most confusion comes from
bad info spread around to people that are trying to find good info

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28