2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
It’s more of an attitude than a face. It’s strange because I took both girls to a pro shop to look at bats & gloves shortly before Xmas.
They couldn’t be bothered looking at bats & gloves it was all about clothes.
But when at the field that’s when I catch “tude” about bats.
Yet she texted me a pic recently of Ghost Advanced. I just don’t get it.
Maybe it’s just me but I want things that are uncommon or better than other people have. I don’t want what everybody else has.

No one has a Ghost Advanced.

Oct 4, 2018
We live in Central IL. Obviously cold this time year. But the first 2020 ghost the barrel became loose at the connection and that was in August. That was a drop 10. Then decided to go to a drop 11 got it in Nov. the barrel cracked couple of days ago. She hits in a temperature controlled dome. Only hit regular softballs, no machine or weighted.balls. We Keep the bat in house. There have been a few more on the team that cracked as well. Maybe it’s the walk in the cold from the parking lot to the dome? I wouldn’t think that would do it but who knows. She loves the bat and very happy with the performance. Hopefully the replacement will hold up.

It's the cold balls that break bats in many cases. You don't know where the balls are stored.

Apr 28, 2019
No one has a Ghost Advanced.
Yes they do. There have been some for sale on Ebay. I don’t believe they are the exact same as retail will be due to the fact they were stamped not usable for all associations. But there are some out there along with Demo’s. The bat Guru rec’d demo’s a couple of weeks back. They are out there in small numbers.

Oct 4, 2018
Yes they do. There have been some for sale on Ebay. I don’t believe they are the exact same as retail will be due to the fact they were stamped not usable for all associations. But there are some out there along with Demo’s. The bat Guru rec’d demo’s a couple of weeks back. They are out there in small numbers.

You said you didn't want what everyone else has. Everyone else does not have a Ghost Advanced.

It's a joke. Nevermind.

Apr 28, 2019
You said you didn't want what everyone else has. Everyone else does not have a Ghost Advanced.

It's a joke. Nevermind.
Oh ok I see. I like to be different but I also like a Great deal! Most likely no great deals on Adv any time soon. Still concerned about durability issues to be honest.
It’s supposed to be stronger/thinner material so we’ll see how that goes.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I don't mean the sound diff from barrel to handle or end...most bats will sound diff. That's also why Im not
a fan of lots of people wanting no "feel" in the bats anymore. But, its the way its going nowadays.

I was joking about about the slight barrel sound diff between the 18 and 20...Just hit it and you will
be perfectly fine :)
I do miss the mushy thud of a well broken in Easton SCN that probably had a bat exit speed of 120mph! 😉

Oct 4, 2018
Oh ok I see. I like to be different but I also like a Great deal! Most likely no great deals on Adv any time soon. Still concerned about durability issues to be honest.
It’s supposed to be stronger/thinner material so we’ll see how that goes.

My DD is one of the strongest girls on her little 10U team and hasn't broken a bat. Perhaps her LXT is just a great bat.

I'm willing to try a Ghost and know that I can get a replacement or two if they break. I'm not too concerned.

My plan is to let her try several bats and pick the one that feels best. If that's the Ghost Advanced, I probably end up getting it for her. Knowing me...

May 20, 2015
the thing with bats i've found:

confidence is key.......having coached both males and females from 6 years old to 19......it seems to me female athletes on the average need to be happy to do well, males tend to need to do well to be happy.....again, generalizing

if my DD's are HAPPIER with a bat, be it because of the name, the color, the sound - then they are more confident at the plate.....and it has been my experience that confidence in the box is the #1 precursor to success

right now we need no gear headed into the season.....if DD#1 says she wants to try the ghost advanced (she's already hinted), then i'll find a way to send Core some more of my money.......she hit .522 her freshman season (and roughly the same in travel ball), and if the ghost advanced sends her to the plate even more confident, and puts a smile on her face, then it is money well spent

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478