2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So , my daughter tried out her new Ghost 32 drop 10 yesterday at HS indoor practice. She's not happy with the sound at all as compared to her 2019 ASA version also 32 drop 10. The new bat sounds like she's hitting with hard plastic as opposed to the distinct ping from last years version. Is there a break in period ? Any suggestions ?

There is a slight sound difference between the 18 Ghost and 20 Ghost. Stick with it. The sound will change slightly as it breaks in. To me it sounds like rifle shots.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
We get earthquakes, but you don't get a chance to run and hide...and all your stuff stays in your own yard.
We have those but they are small and have decreased in number once state regulators decided it wasn't a good idea
to dig big holes in the ground and then fill them with water...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
We get earthquakes, but you don't get a chance to run and hide...and all your stuff stays in your own yard.
CoreSB20-California

Choices choices choices
tornadoes, earthquakes, firestorms,
And what bat to use?

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019
Give it a few swings, its a little diff sound than the 2018 ASA but not much
There is a slight sound difference between the 18 Ghost and 20 Ghost. Stick with it. The sound will change slightly as it breaks in. To me it sounds like rifle shots.
Will definitely keep at it. The difference in sound to me is that the older version has a higher pitch ping to it so it seems louder. The new one does kinda resemble a rifle shot .

Jun 8, 2016
And stop worrying about sound...hit :)
TBH, as a parent of 10 YO who tells me, when asked, that she hits everything off the barrel, I am a big fan of bats which
sound markedly different when hitting it off the barrel vs getting jammed/hitting it off the end :LOL: That said, I am not a big fan of
the resulting conversation when I tell her it sounded like she didn't square it up after she told me she did... :rolleyes:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't mean the sound diff from barrel to handle or end...most bats will sound diff. That's also why Im not
a fan of lots of people wanting no "feel" in the bats anymore. But, its the way its going nowadays.

I was joking about about the slight barrel sound diff between the 18 and 20...Just hit it and you will
be perfectly fine :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478