2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Does anyone know if the 2020 ghost is overweight like years past?

I don’t know and I’m 100% guessing here but Easton bats have traditionally been overweight for as long as I know. That has somewhat eased with the original Ghost but I would not expect the 2020 to be any different than the first gen Ghosts.

Remember the bat being over sticker weight isn’t always a bad thing. Perceived swing weight and sticker weight are two different things. Some hitters like the Easton feel and some want an absolutely balanced bat.

Dec 11, 2010
I sold more drop9s on the blue ghost than ever before on Eastons

That is a VERY interesting fact.

And I think there are many reasons for it. #1 has to be the change in attitude in the sb community overall from “make contact” to “have intent to drive the ball against and over the fence”.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I also think most old diehard Easton swingers were more used to the older overweight bats, so
this wasn't as overweight so some just did a drop9 to get that feeling.

But I do agree, there is more emphasis on driving the ball more now than before.

Oct 4, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I'm not finding it.

I see the 2019 Ghost being sold for $199 several places. This makes it affordable for me. Any reason not to get it for my DD's birthday next month?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I'm not finding it.

I see the 2019 Ghost being sold for $199 several places. This makes it affordable for me. Any reason not to get it for my DD's birthday next month?

The 2019 Ghost was USSSA and the 2018 was ASA...the 2020 will have all stamps. But its up to you. I mean, if you play
mostly one over the other, sure...scoop it up. If you are looking for a 33/23 or 34/24 usssa Ghost, that's the only two
usssa's I have left and will hit you a deal as well.

Jun 6, 2018
I sold more drop9s on the blue ghost than ever before on Eastons

Not surprised by this as my daughter swung the drop 11, drop 10, and drop 9 and felt that the drop 9 felt lighter/more balanced than the drop 10. The majority of girls she has played with for the last 2 years felt the drop 10 was end loaded and the drop 9 was balanced. In my experience, not many girls like the end loaded feel and prefer a more balanced feel.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I meant I sold more drop9s than other years...not that drop9s outsold drop10s. Drop10s still
killed all weights of course.

Most drop9'ers didnt go there for a more balanced feeling from my experience...but as I said,
never know what one player will feel compared to others. I just dont want people reading this,
then buying a drop9 thinking its balanced and not being happy is all. The drop9 wasnt made
to be balanced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478