2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2019
This weekend my DD tried the new 2020 ghost, she didn’t like it, but lot of the girls from the team did...

May 14, 2019
My DD has a 2020 ghost. I know most bats have flex. But where the connection piece meets the barrel seems a little loose. You can create a 1/4-1/2 inch gap by applying very little pressure. This is her first ghost. Is this normal or is there an issue with the bat?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The rubber piece only covers up the connection...its not one piece from the handle to the barrel of the same
thickness. There is a "space" where the two are connected...hence the rubber connector.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019
We have usage of a blue post, have a gold ghost and the new 2020 ghost. She loves the 2020 ghost (hitting it farther)! The drop weights are pretty close to Easton’s stats. However, we will experiment with different weight balanced bats as we go forward.

Oct 4, 2018
Saw this note today about the Ghost Advanced. Core, any knowledge if this is true?

"Our Easton rep told us it may never come out. It has failed tests twice already because it did not break soon enough. Also told it was the hottest by far. Rep said exit speeds were 5-7 mph faster than the asa and dual stamp."

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Saw this note today about the Ghost Advanced. Core, any knowledge if this is true?

"Our Easton rep told us it may never come out. It has failed tests twice already because it did not break soon enough. Also told it was the hottest by far. Rep said exit speeds were 5-7 mph faster than the asa and dual stamp."

Havent really heard anything but I haven't really stayed up with it as its too far down the road for me. I do know
one thing...it WILL come out at some point. They have vested too much into it. Will it be an Adv model or if they
rolled the tech into the next regular ghost...no idea but they aren't gonna quit it all together.

There could be 2 sides to look at when a rep tells you something like that. 1) its the truth and its too good to pass testing, thus
ISNT gonna pass unless fixed. A bat that fails isn't gonna magically become legal. I can make a bat hot as hell and blow every
bat out of the water, but doesn't matter since its not legal so it doesn't matter how many mph's higher it is as you will never use
it. 2) trying to get the hype train rolling.