2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2015
DD was in a hitting slump in the beginning of TB season which I blame on the horrible varsity pitching she faced which threw off her timing, since varsity softball pitching is a joke in our state but especially in her private school conference. So, DD wanted a new ghost bat, and since she got a 4.0, Momma Bear acquiesced despite my assertion that there was absolutely nothing wrong with DD's 2019 top-loaded 34" DeMarini bat (can't remember the model #), since she hit 5 HRs with it in summer-fall 2018.

So, DD tried her new ghost bat on the next tournament pool day and got the same results (no worse....no better). So, I told DD to go back to the old 2019 Demarini, since she also broke the *cardinal* rule by switching bats in the middle of the season which throws off your timing.

Results? The very next day, in the very first bracket game, she hit a HR with her 2019 DeMarini bat, which was the 1st of 7 in 5 weeks, the most she's ever hit!

Lessons learned?
1. Dad is always right!
2. It's not the arrow...it's the Indian! ;-)

I saw a scientific study somewhere that compared all the top bats from all the manufacturers and the difference in all of the bats was statistically insignificant.

IMHO, time and money is better spent on a better swing (e.g. hitting coach) instead of a new bat! ;-)

Help with discussion I’m having with another parent. We are weighing the differences between the new prism and new ghost. He says he read an article stating that they put rings in the new ghost to get USSSA approved so it won’t be as hot as the blue ghost. Anyone know if that is true? My daughter has a 2019 LXT and just got a blue ghost. She’s written off the LXT and loves the ghost. I want to get her the 2020 ghost so she doesn’t have to keep going back and forth (rec & travel).

I’m a newbie to the composite bat world so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2013
My son told me he should get a Ghost for baseball. I told him he already has one. Every time he swings the ball seems to just pass right through his bat into the catcher's mitt.
He didn't think it was that funny.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I literally laughed out loud. :D

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Vic, and your dd went from a lighter weighing CF (even though it's their "top loaded" which I assume you mean their "endload" version
which isn't much of an endload comparatively) to a Ghost which is overweight by about an ounce...could be part of the issue. Not every bat is for every hitter...that's why there is a ton of them out there to find the one that fits best

Oct 4, 2018
Core, half my team is eagerly awaiting the Ghost Advanced. For some reason they've all locked onto that bat as the answer to their problems (and perhaps their DD's too).

I'm happy to order them for them via you. Just an FYI. Probably 32/22 and 31/21.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hahahaha, yeah, I have no idea how that bat will be received...could be bad or good...coin toss. It
will have the same inner tech, so I doubt it will be a bad bat, just worries me. I will be happy
to give my best price as usual. LMK what you will need and I will make sure I have enough for you and
my own little stock.

I just despise when bats go past the 349 barrier...usually doesn't go well.

Oct 4, 2018
Hahahaha, yeah, I have no idea how that bat will be received...could be bad or good...coin toss. It
will have the same inner tech, so I doubt it will be a bad bat, just worries me. I will be happy
to give my best price as usual. LMK what you will need and I will make sure I have enough for you and
my own little stock.

I just despise when bats go past the 349 barrier...usually doesn't go well.

Some of these parents fall right into the marketing plan -- "If it costs more, it must be a lot better." *sigh*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45