2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
For another perspective and new feedback. DD is first year 14U, and by no means the best hitter i have seen mechanically, but makes due by being very athletic. Over .500 in SE WI 'A/B' TB. That being said, she was always a Demarini hitter, mainly because of me. Last year i started buying different bats, thanks to Core and me quitting old man slowpitch so i could afford them. Has used a Rawling QPro, Monsta M-18, Vintage Worth Mayhem, and 2018 - ASA Ghost. Absolutely loves the ASA Ghost, but swings slightly different due to the weight being ~1oz over sticker. Both Qpro and Ghost are drop -9 33-24, however this year felt more comfortable with QPro with a better swing feel. Hit her first OTF HR with it. I think because of +1500 swings on the bat it finally has loosened up. Picked up the 2020 Ghost a couple weeks ago and hit her 2nd OTF. She loves the 2020 Ghost and has not been back to the Qpro even though it was peppering the ball.

Net Net, my DD is sold on the 2020 being her fav. We have not had any experience with Slugger bats beyond a teammate using a custom PXT that she got last year. That girl has been swinging 2018 Ghost since last year and the PXT has been relegated to a warm up bat. I am just assuming that the RXT is the next version of that bat, and the PXT is currently online at fire sale prices for $199.

I am of the same mind Eric F is that it is really up to the personal feel of the girl, and my DD prefers the 2020 Ghost. Another shout out to Core!

Apr 28, 2019
For another perspective and new feedback. DD is first year 14U, and by no means the best hitter i have seen mechanically, but makes due by being very athletic. Over .500 in SE WI 'A/B' TB. That being said, she was always a Demarini hitter, mainly because of me. Last year i started buying different bats, thanks to Core and me quitting old man slowpitch so i could afford them. Has used a Rawling QPro, Monsta M-18, Vintage Worth Mayhem, and 2018 - ASA Ghost. Absolutely loves the ASA Ghost, but swings slightly different due to the weight being ~1oz over sticker. Both Qpro and Ghost are drop -9 33-24, however this year felt more comfortable with QPro with a better swing feel. Hit her first OTF HR with it. I think because of +1500 swings on the bat it finally has loosened up. Picked up the 2020 Ghost a couple weeks ago and hit her 2nd OTF. She loves the 2020 Ghost and has not been back to the Qpro even though it was peppering the ball.

Net Net, my DD is sold on the 2020 being her fav. We have not had any experience with Slugger bats beyond a teammate using a custom PXT that she got last year. That girl has been swinging 2018 Ghost since last year and the PXT has been relegated to a warm up bat. I am just assuming that the RXT is the next version of that bat, and the PXT is currently online at fire sale prices for $199.

I am of the same mind Eric F is that it is really up to the personal feel of the girl, and my DD prefers the 2020 Ghost. Another shout out to Core!
Ok great thanks. Any noticeable differences between the 18 ASA Ghost vs 2020 Ghost? Sound, feel, sweet spot?

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Ok great thanks. Any noticeable differences between the 18 ASA Ghost vs 2020 Ghost? Sound, feel, sweet spot?

I personally hear a difference in the sound, like a little higher sound than the 2018 if i had to describe it. My DD said she didn't notice the sound and the feel was the same. I/we never noticed anything as far as small sweet spot. But that may also be weight/length related. In any case, i think my DD would have went back to the Qpro that she was hitting well with if the 2020 wasn't at least the same as the 2018 Ghost.

Apr 28, 2019
I personally hear a difference in the sound, like a little higher sound than the 2018 if i had to describe it. My DD said she didn't notice the sound and the feel was the same. I/we never noticed anything as far as small sweet spot. But that may also be weight/length related. In any case, i think my DD would have went back to the Qpro that she was hitting well with if the 2020 wasn't at least the same as the 2018 Ghost.
Ok very nice. Thanks
I just learned there is going to be a Ghost Advanced coming out in the Fall. New composite lighter & stronger with new connection joint ad well. Supposed to be at a higher price point as well. Another fly in the ointment.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Some dealers won’t carry them? Why? They would have nothing to do with warranty replacement process. Do they not like the color of money? Or they as business owners want to do what’s right for the children,

I have not heard of any dealer that is an auth Easton dealer NOT wanting Ghosts in stock. I have a feeling any dealer not
carrying them, isn't a dealer or has been turned down to be one. I see a couple dealers were denied because of their
business actions...and one pretty big one. Maybe they are pulling the "I didn't want them anyway card" :)

Stores sure as heck aren't an auth Easton dealer for their SP bat sales :)

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
“I just learned there is going to be a Ghost Advanced coming out in the Fall. New composite lighter & stronger with new connection joint ad well. Supposed to be at a higher price point as well. Another fly in the ointment.”

May 15, 2014
My 12U daughter got her new 2020 ghost last week and tried it out for her weekend tournament. 1st at bat was a laser to the pitchers shins and 2nd at bat hit the fence. The rest of the weekend she had some high quality at bats. She was hitting with a blue ghost and ASA Prism before this. She’s completely sold on her 2020 ghost that I doubt she’ll be touching her Prism anymore and since she just sized up her 2018 ghost it’s probably on the way out too. I didn’t think it could have anywhere near as much pop as her blue ghost but so far I’m impressed. My daughter is not a power hitter and has not hit as deep as she did this past weekend all season. Is it the bat, is it her finally listening to her batting coach at this point I’ll go with whatever she likes and feels comfortable with that produces results.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802