2020 Demarini FNX

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I guess you would have to try everything if all you get is I don’t like it. What if she likes 3/4 bats do you buy them all?

What's the harm in trying? Trying doesn't necessarily mean buying right then and there. "You really like it? Cool. We will keep that in mind when it's time to replace your current bat." If we are in the market for a new bat, and she likes 3-4 bats of the ones she's trying, she gets to keep swinging them until she decides which one she wants to swing for the next 12+ months. If she can't choose, then we come back another day and try again (we haven't had to do that). For my DD, her new team situation demanded that we were in the market.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Also nice if you have all your perspective bats available to try at once. Makes it that much easier.

That part was pretty cool. Her team had the full lineup of the new Demarini and LS bats available, in all the sizes they could possibly need...and a Wilson product rep to recite phrases from the marketing materials :ROFLMAO: .

I mentioned before that my DD had only Demaini to choose from because she refuses to use an LS. Why? Sound. She can't stand the LS sound. The Prism - "feels weird". The CF - "I don't like it". The FNX - "pretty good, but not my Ghost". She then spent time deciding between a 33/24 or a 34/24, and picked the 34. Her final decision isn't at all what I anticipated, in model or size. My opinion is irrelevant. It's not my decision to make. An order for a 34/24 FNX has been placed.

Apr 28, 2019
That part was pretty cool. Her team had the full lineup of the new Demarini and LS bats available, in all the sizes they could possibly need...and a Wilson product rep to recite phrases from the marketing materials :ROFLMAO: .

I mentioned before that my DD had only Demaini to choose from because she refuses to use an LS. Why? Sound. She can't stand the LS sound. The Prism - "feels weird". The CF - "I don't like it". The FNX - "pretty good, but not my Ghost". She then spent time deciding between a 33/24 or a 34/24, and picked the 34. Her final decision isn't at all what I anticipated, in model or size. My opinion is irrelevant. It's not my decision to make. An order for a 34/24 FNX has been placed.
Have you considered older Demarini’s? There are a few sites that still have CF8’s 9’s? Not a Demarini fan don’t like the hollow feel/soound.
It’s too bad about the Sluggers. Like your daughter I can’t stand older Xeno sound. I like 17’s LXT & Xeno’s and up. Very distinctive but not so broken glass sounding.
Have your daughter wear ear plugs and give Slugger a shot!!! Sometimes that’s all it takes is to get a couple of swings with a previously hated bat to convert someone.
I know it’s all about her and she knows what she likes. But just consider the possibilities.......
I just converted a girl that used to do great with a Xeno a couple of years ago and for some reason switched to a CF.
Back using the Xeno with much more consistency. I think sometimes too many choices is worse than not enough choices.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Have you considered older Demarini’s? There are a few sites that still have CF8’s 9’s? Not a Demarini fan don’t like the hollow feel/soound.
It’s too bad about the Sluggers. Like your daughter I can’t stand older Xeno sound. I like 17’s LXT & Xeno’s and up. Very distinctive but not so broken glass sounding.
Have your daughter wear ear plugs and give Slugger a shot!!! Sometimes that’s all it takes is to get a couple of swings with a previously hated bat to convert someone.
I know it’s all about her and she knows what she likes. But just consider the possibilities.......
I just converted a girl that used to do great with a Xeno a couple of years ago and for some reason switched to a CF.
Back using the Xeno with much more consistency. I think sometimes too many choices is worse than not enough choices.

DD has a CF8. She loved it until the Ghost stole her heart.

She has decided that she hates LS, and won't give them a try, and yes she knows what the new ones sound like. There is nothing to be gained from me trying to force it.

She went through her process, and picked a 34/24 FNX as her next bat. Decision made. Done.

Oct 5, 2012
Florida
DD got a chance to demo the new FNX (32/22 -10)in a showcase this past weekend. 1st 2 games used a 2020 ghost 32/22 -10. Hit alright went 3-5 in two games. we saw the demarin bat dealer there during the game break, check it out. He said go use it in the next game. we went and did some front toss with the ghost and FNX. DD said FNX feels light, same exit speed. ghost had that distinct sound she likes but she said felt the same exit speed. Game 3, uses the FNX, 1st at bat double to 7-8 gap. Next player wanted to use the bat, double RF fence. the next two at bats DD hit lasers up the middle. Mom told her use the ghost, DD waved her off.

The next day, we bought the bat. she went 5-5 in two games. Had a college camp afterwards, hitting bombs to the gaps and lasers at the pitcher.

Now DD loved Demarini from 8u to 12u, CF6 through CF9, (man that CF9 bat was hot). Last yr we bought a blue ghost, she loved it, but after 3 months, broke, got a replacement. she didn't like so we sold it and bought a different size/drop. 3 months later it broke got another replacement. We went through 5 ghosts within a 18 months. So with only her CF9 (over 2000 hits) in her bag and it appeared dead, it came down to the FNX or the white ghost. DD went with the FNX.

Oct 5, 2012
Florida
My DD has been using the FNX since PGF. First things first, it definitely is not an end loaded bat. Maybe we got an anomaly, but the balance point of the bat (center of mass) is closer to the knob than the 2019 CF Zen that it replaced (both 33/23).

Same here, definitely not end loaded. It was a balanced bat we bought

May 7, 2015
SoCal
. DD said FNX feels light, same exit speed. ghost had that distinct sound she likes but she said felt the same exit speed.

As mentioned here a bunch, the FNX feels light because it is usually 1-1.4oz lighter than same length weight ghost. The ghost is a great bat, probably the best, but the additional weight helps its performance. just my .02

also, glad you are liking the FNX. DD swings one and has been very happy. (y)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
As mentioned here a bunch, the FNX feels light because it is usually 1-1.4oz lighter than same length weight ghost. The ghost is a great bat, probably the best, but the additional weight helps its performance. just my .02

also, glad you are liking the FNX. DD swings one and has been very happy. (y)

When my DD was checking out the FNX, she tested 33/24 and 34/24 as replacements for her 33/23 Ghost in order to keep the weight similar.

May 21, 2014
man this is great news. The kid loved the fnx and I was optimistic. Guess we will order in the spring to get the correct size and make sure warranty gives all of next year at least. Thanks for all the follow up on this post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee