2020 Demarini FNX

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
"I don't like the feel" is legit to me. Being confident and comfortable with the bat in your hand is a pretty big factor.
As quoted she said she didn’t like it. Later in posting said didn’t like feel. My guess is feel was Dad’s interpretation which is different from what was initially said.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
As quoted she said she didn’t like it. Later in posting said didn’t like feel. My guess is feel was Dad’s interpretation which is different from what was initially said.

"I don't like it" - regardless of the particulars - is enough for me. If I can get further info on why, that helps the selection process. Confidence and comfort matter.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has been using the FNX since PGF. First things first, it definitely is not an end loaded bat. Maybe we got an anomaly, but the balance point of the bat (center of mass) is closer to the knob than the 2019 CF Zen that it replaced (both 33/23).

Her and my impressions as I've swung both. It is way stiffer and gives more feedback via sting in the hands with mishit balls. DD really likes it, drives the ball really well when it is struck well. On the tee, exit velocity on average is the same as CF Zen, however the maximum velocity from a group of 20 or so balls was quite a bit higher on the one set of tests we ran.

DD was first to get it on our team, now there are three.

We are also required to buy wilson products and DD likes the demarinis way better than the Louisville PXT that never gelled with her at all.

Great info. Thanks, erniekru.

Before the Ghost, my DD loved her CF8. She didn't like the new CF at all.

Apr 28, 2019
"I don't like it" - regardless of the particulars - is enough for me. If I can get further info on why, that helps the selection process. Confidence and comfort matter.
That’s you EF. I would want more than that to make an educated decision. Give me specifics so we can find something you like better.
If feels heavy, it’s too light, it stings, I don’t like the sound, not much pop, etc... It gives you a starting point on what to look for.
In this specific instance if the DD likes the Ghost uncertain why the FNX would be introduced. Maybe a team/org thing? Unknown at this point.

Jul 2, 2013
In this specific instance if the DD likes the Ghost uncertain why the FNX would be introduced. Maybe a team/org thing? Unknown at this point.

The FNX was an option instead of the 2020 Ghost. DD wanted to try something new and I'm addicted to bats so I agreed. We couldn't get our hands on one soon enough so we went with the Ghost instead.

The only reason she swung this one was because she was in the cage and there was one there she could demo.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That’s you EF. I would want more than that to make an educated decision. Give me specifics so we can find something you like better.
If feels heavy, it’s too light, it stings, I don’t like the sound, not much pop, etc... It gives you a starting point on what to look for.

Part of the equation for me is that I trust my DD's judgement for what she likes and doesn't. Once she makes a decision about something like this, she doesn't change her mind the next day. With the Demarinis, she tried about 8 different combinations of models, lengths, and weights, which got sorted down to 2 pretty quickly. She spent the time she needed with the last 2 to make a final decision on her own. Also part of this equation is that my DD is a 16U player with pretty sharp body awareness.

I see nothing unusual about picking up another bat to give it a try even if you already have something you like. Sounds pretty normal to me, actually. Try everything!

Apr 28, 2019
The FNX was an option instead of the 2020 Ghost. DD wanted to try something new and I'm addicted to bats so I agreed. We couldn't get our hands on one soon enough so we went with the Ghost instead.

The only reason she swung this one was because she was in the cage and there was one there she could demo.
I gotcha. We share an addiction.

Jun 14, 2018

When the DD says she doesn't like something then that it what it is. I try to ask her what she doesn't like and sometimes it just comes down to color. Like many others have said before me and many will say after me, it is her using it!

Apr 28, 2019
I y
When the DD says she doesn't like something then that it what it is. I try to ask her what she doesn't like and sometimes it just comes down to color. Like many others have said before me and many will say after me, it is her using it!
I understand it’s DD’s bat but I’m the one buying it. I need to know what she likes/dislikes in order to make informed decision.
Or I could just do what many used bat sellers do and just buy whatever and then take a huge loss on resale. I’ll stick with option one.

Apr 28, 2019
Part of the equation for me is that I trust my DD's judgement for what she likes and doesn't. Once she makes a decision about something like this, she doesn't change her mind the next day. With the Demarinis, she tried about 8 different combinations of models, lengths, and weights, which got sorted down to 2 pretty quickly. She spent the time she needed with the last 2 to make a final decision on her own. Also part of this equation is that my DD is a 16U player with pretty sharp body awareness.

I see nothing unusual about picking up another bat to give it a try even if you already have something you like. Sounds pretty normal to me, actually. Try everything!
I guess you would have to try everything if all you get is I don’t like it. What if she likes 3/4 bats do you buy them all?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812