2020 Demarini FNX

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
Was looking at the FNX as my DD needs a new bat. Originally looking at the new CF but wanted to get some more info on this FNX.
The fnx is the end loaded version. If your child likes a balanced cf they won't likely like the fnx. If they prefer a heavier swing like the ghost then the fnx may be great fit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jan 3, 2014
Her first Demaini was a CF6 Sprite.

Man, what a good bat that was/is. DD still has one in her room she refuses to get rid of. It's a 33" and just too light for her now. I suspect she'd destroy it pretty quick these days too.

May 12, 2016
any chance your daughter ever used a cf5? Curious because of the barrel connection if it has a similar feel.
CF5 was the bat that made my daughter love Demarini and Softball in general. All other bats have paled in comparison to the CF5. Her FNX just arrived in the mail two days ago. First college game is next weekend....I'll let you know.....

Jul 2, 2013
DD has been a Ghost fan since they came out and is now swinging the 2020 Ghost. I wanted her to give the FNX a try and we finally got a chance in the cage last week. She hit 3 or 4 balls with it front toss and said "I don't like it" and went back to her Ghost. She didn't have much of a reason. Just that she didn't like the feel.

Apr 28, 2019
DD has been a Ghost fan since they came out and is now swinging the 2020 Ghost. I wanted her to give the FNX a try and we finally got a chance in the cage last week. She hit 3 or 4 balls with it front toss and said "I don't like it" and went back to her Ghost. She didn't have much of a reason. Just that she didn't like the feel.
Would be so much easier for Dad’s if they would articulate specific reasons why they like/don’t like equipment.
I don’t like it doesn’t give you a whole lot to go on.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

My DD loves her Ghosts - 2020 now, and 2018 before. However, her new team is Wilson-only, and she got her pick of the Demarini line-up. The FNX felt closest to the Ghost to her. We are still waiting on the order of team gear to get delivered.

Jul 2, 2013
Would be so much easier for Dad’s if they would articulate specific reasons why they like/don’t like equipment.
I don’t like it doesn’t give you a whole lot to go on.

I'm just glad she knows what she likes honestly. And glad I waited until she could demo the bat and didn't just buy it.

We will stick with the Ghost from now on.

Jul 2, 2013
My DD loves her Ghosts - 2020 now, and 2018 before. However, her new team is Wilson-only, and she got her pick of the Demarini line-up. The FNX felt closest to the Ghost to her. We are still waiting on the order of team gear to get delivered.

You'll have to let me know how she does with the FNX Eric.

The funny thing is my DS is 11 and needed a new bat. He demoed everything including the Ghost ADV baseball bat and preferred a LS Prime. He had been talking about getting a Ghost like his sister for quite a while but didn't like it.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
My DD has been using the FNX since PGF. First things first, it definitely is not an end loaded bat. Maybe we got an anomaly, but the balance point of the bat (center of mass) is closer to the knob than the 2019 CF Zen that it replaced (both 33/23).

Her and my impressions as I've swung both. It is way stiffer and gives more feedback via sting in the hands with mishit balls. DD really likes it, drives the ball really well when it is struck well. On the tee, exit velocity on average is the same as CF Zen, however the maximum velocity from a group of 20 or so balls was quite a bit higher on the one set of tests we ran.

DD was first to get it on our team, now there are three.

We are also required to buy wilson products and DD likes the demarinis way better than the Louisville PXT that never gelled with her at all.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom