2020 anderson rocketech ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
i know back in the day ….. but has anyone out there bought or tried out this new one ?
We have the 19 RT which is the same as 20 just changed the base color from red to white.
Great cold weather and BP bat. It’s very heavy and very durable.
Is it a good option for your main game bat? It can be if your a very strong hitter with outstanding bat speed.
We use it early in the season so we don’t compromise the high end composite bats in 40-60 degree weather.
When it gets above 60 the composite bats get used.

May 22, 2017
thanks for your input , we traded in a couple of old bats that my daughter no longer used, we were tired of kicking them around from corner to corner. we traded them in to Anderson using their trade in program , I can get a 2020 RT for $100.00 I figure its worth that just to use in cold weather .

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
thanks for your input , we traded in a couple of old bats that my daughter no longer used, we were tired of kicking them around from corner to corner. we traded them in to Anderson using their trade in program , I can get a 2020 RT for $100.00 I figure its worth that just to use in cold weather .
For $100, just buy it. I've never owned or used a Rocketech newer than a 2011/2012 model, and between the Rocketech, Rocketflex, and Nanotek we've probably owned at least 10 Anderson bats!

Back in the day the RT was THE bat for the girl who could handle one! Today if I were in the market for an end loaded gamer I'd probably lean towards a more modern composite -8 or -9 Xeno / Ghost or the like! As MadBandit said, they make excellent cold weather cage bats........but cold weather cage bats that can still be gamed!

May 22, 2017
For $100, just buy it. I've never owned or used a Rocketech newer than a 2011/2012 model, and between the Rocketech, Rocketflex, and Nanotek we've probably owned at least 10 Anderson bats!

Back in the day the RT was THE bat for the girl who could handle one! Today if I were in the market for an end loaded gamer I'd probably lean towards a more modern composite -8 or -9 Xeno / Ghost or the like! As MadBandit said, they make excellent cold weather cage bats........but cold weather cage bats that can still be gamed!
Question, what did you trade in?
marucci cat fx , and an demarini cf9.... daughter disliked both bats

Jun 22, 2019
My oldest daughter used a rocket tech until 2017 and someone gave us one from 2007 and I honestly couldn’t tell the difference other than paint. Did something change in 2019?

Is your daughter strong...it is extremely end loaded and will be over sticker weight. It will take some getting used to if she hasn’t used one before, but is a good bat for a strong girl that can generate good bat speed with it.

with that said all the girls on my daughters team now swing LXTs & Ghosts mainly...no RTs.

May 22, 2017
yeah, she has a couple ghosts in her bag that she uses and likes .… just thought we'd give RT a try . Especially since not having to give much for it , I doubt she'll like it over her ghosts . we'll see when it comes in it'll be something different to try .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802