2019 USSSA Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Interesting comments.

Just talked to a dad whose dd attended a large combine camp. She carries a -11 bat for the expected exit speed station. Her published exit speed was 75 mph at the last one.

I have never seen her hit an otf hr and know for a fact she is not considered a hr hitter.

Great "numbers" ;)

Tells me enough that she carries a drop11 just for the exit speed station

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Exactly right, Core!

We have deeply delved into Exit Speed and Blast Motion as a part of dd’s team training since January or so. (We have dabbled in both for many years.) I am just not sure it tells you as much about a players performance as it is advertised. It seems to validate some kids who are lower performers and not show the capabilities of some really good hitters. And by really good hitters, I mean kids who hit good pitching hard consistently.

Data plus wishful thinking by coaches results in the same old errors in player evaluation.

Edited to add....
The Blast Motion with video is very interesting...... seeing the data on the swing video frame by frame is pretty wild. I especially like to look at bat speed frame by frame. But interesting doesn’t always add up to improvement.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2013
Core answered for me. :) She has a Miken DC41. Her coach (well now former coach) affectionately called it Lucile. We ordered a 34/26 Ghost, but sadly I think Easton may have made a total of 10, so no idea when it'll arrive. I ordered a Miken Freak Primo balanced for her as she LOVES her DC41. Should be close to the same bat, just not endloaded. That should give her a faster swing against those 60+ pitchers.

Core, she's out of state at the moment. Will be back Saturday. She has practice with her new team Sunday, so she should get some swings in then. She has a 3 day showcase next weekend. I've put 125 swings on it though trying to get it broken in. I couldn't tell you how it "feels" though, as I don't swing a bat day in and day out to really give you a comparison.

Dec 11, 2010
Well..... she swung a 33/25 Ghost for two years. Still a big jump.

She has recently been swinging a 34/24 balanced so we kind of went the wrong way. Sounds like a good winter project!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well..... she swung a 33/25 Ghost for two years. Still a big jump.

She has recently been swinging a 34/24 balanced so we kind of went the wrong way. Sounds like a good winter project!

Again, I don't know anything...but I am in the camp of the legend, Ray Demarini...swing the heaviest bat
you can WITHOUT giving up bat speed. All things equal, you will get more drive/pop from a heavier bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802