2019 USSSA Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Recently bought one for DD from Core... it was a good price, and as most of you know I'm a bit of a bat addict.
The night we removed the wrapper and started hitting tee work, it felt as though it needed some break in time... She hit approx 2 buckets of balls, then I hit a couple buckets.
At this point it started to feel pretty good, and seemed to have decent response.
Lets get out the pocket radar and compare it to the Xeno and Power Carbon.
Average exit speed results were as follows...
Ghost... 62/63 MPH
Xeno... 66/67 MPH
Power Carbon... 70/71 MPH

I dont know if it needs more swings to heat up? but for game time we'll be sticking with the PC

Apr 16, 2013
Purely second hand, but I've "heard" the USSSA ghost requires a good bit of breaking in. That being said, was this off a tee? If off a tee, don't bother. It's a horrible method of evaluating a bat's potential. Once the ball is moving bats take on very different characteristics than off tee. I used a pocket radar to measure this.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
USSSA Ghost def needs to be beat up a little

PC is still a top performing bat and will hit with anything...no matter who comes on here and tries to discount it because its a Mizuno :)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Purely second hand, but I've "heard" the USSSA ghost requires a good bit of breaking in. That being said, was this off a tee? If off a tee, don't bother. It's a horrible method of evaluating a bat's potential. Once the ball is moving bats take on very different characteristics than off tee. I used a pocket radar to measure this.
I agree that tee work isnt the best in measuring its potential, however its the most consistent... this way there are no variables of pitch speed or locations

Apr 16, 2013
I agree that tee work isnt the best in measuring its potential, however its the most consistent... this way there are no variables of pitch speed or locations
I agree it's consistent, but after my own results I won't ever bother again. My DD uses a very endloaded slow pitch bat. Off a tee she's very consistently at 68mph. She then turns around and swings a CF8 Insane 34/24 and gets into the mid 70's. Once we hit the field though and the ball is in play, the difference is astonishingly in the opposite direction to the tune of a good 10mph difference. The CF8 is in the bag just incase she sees one of those rare 65+ pitchers and needs to pick up the bat speed.

Dec 11, 2010
Interesting comments.

Just talked to a dad whose dd attended a large combine camp. She carries a -11 bat for the expected exit speed station. Her published exit speed was 75 mph at the last one.

I have never seen her hit an otf hr and know for a fact she is not considered a hr hitter.

She should be hitting the oft mentioned 260 footers with that exit speed, right?

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know I don't know anything about hitting, but you can only swing a bat so hard. As James said,
Tee is very consistent...so that's how you find certain bat numbers because there is no pitching differences.

Tee or soft toss, you can swing from your heels and put everything else behind you. Mechs can fall behind because
some are just trying to swing as hard as they can. GAME swings are much different. Your body takes back
control.
There is also a perfect weight for each hitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28