2019 PXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Anybody have any experience with this bat?
They are going for cheap right now. From what I have read the performance is impressive but in many cases the durability seems to suck.
Kind of hoping the supply is running low so that if the bat breaks could get a LXT, RXT as a replacement.
A $400 bat with warranty for $80 bucks just seems like a no brainer. Red flags galore!!! Hard to pass up.

Apr 30, 2018
From what I read the PXT didn't do very well unless you had a really strong hitter. Seemed like you needed the high arm strength to get the bat to work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
From what I read the PXT didn't do very well unless you had a really strong hitter. Seemed like you needed the high arm strength to get the bat to work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The bat was supposedly designed with elite powerful hitters in mind. I like the 18 version just took a while to break-in. No durability issues. The 19 from what I’m seeing is hotter out of the wrapper and has more mass behind the sweet spot as opposed to the end of the bat.

Dec 11, 2010
I have experience with this bat. A kid that comes to lessons with me rips the ball with LXT but the ball doesn’t come off her PXT at all. Even her mom has figured out that the bat doesn’t work for her kid.

But again, here are my questions:

PXT was designed for elite power hitters.... right?

But none of the most elite college power hitters used them. (?)

And the most powerful college hitters that graduated are now playing pro ball and STILL aren’t swinging them. (?)

So... again....exactly who is big, strong and powerful (and elite) enough to make this bat work? Why aren’t they swinging them? Especially if they are on sale and possibly awesome.

Apr 28, 2019
I have experience with this bat. A kid that comes to lessons with me rips the ball with LXT but the ball doesn’t come off her PXT at all. Even her mom has figured out that the bat doesn’t work for her kid.

But again, here are my questions:

PXT was designed for elite power hitters.... right?

But none of the most elite college power hitters used them. (?)

And the most powerful college hitters that graduated are now playing pro ball and STILL aren’t swinging them. (?)

So... again....exactly who is big, strong and powerful (and elite) enough to make this bat work? Why aren’t they swinging them? Especially if they are on sale and possibly awesome.
Aubrey Munro uses a PXT. Catcher from Florida a couple of years ago. Team USA catcher. She’s somebody. Personal preference I guess. I see quite a few older bats being used when I watch college softball. When you find something that works you stick with it.
I like the 18 PXT. 19 has it’s followers from what I can see. Probably more of a “cult” following seeing it only had a 2yr run.
Didn’t see any durability issues with 18 like the 19 seems to have.
An LXT endorsement. Nice!!!
From what I’ve seen locally with 18 PXT stronger girls with above average bat speed do well with it. Smaller kids just hit weak ground balls.
Hey for the right price what the hay!!!

Dec 11, 2010
I love bats- and love to try to match the right bat with the right player.

I just haven’t seen the right kid swing a PXT. And it seems like PXT is a solution looking for a problem to solve.

To me, the niche it “fills” is already filled by lower drop bats with proven track record. And players who are already elite or are considered power hitters are doing it well with a more off the rack solution.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My only experience with a PXT, Anna had just finished the 10th grade and had just committed. We had a team camp at a D2 college where I knew both of the assistant coaches very well.

One of the AC asked me to hit infield and outfield, heck yeah I’d love to! She handed me a PXT and I knew by the 3rd ball I hit that we’d never own one of these, I was NOT impressed! I may not be a power hitter on a P5 D1 team, but I can hit a softball hard!

Since the PXT has been on the market, I have yet to see one on a team I’ve been involved with, school or travel ball.

Dec 11, 2010
And as far as me “endorsing” LXT, it is a top bat. Pretty hard to argue that.

That’s why you see top players everywhere swinging them.

I’d say right now that if you are at a PGF tournament LXT is top 3 behind Ghost.

I seriously don’t know why anyone would mess with such an outlier configuration as PXT. It has been given a chance and face planted. RXT has to dig itself out of a pretty big hole. If you are feeling frisky and want to be different, Mizuno is the way to roll.

Apr 28, 2019
Swinging a Demarini today.
I see that. Yet she is in the RXT trailer. No 2020 Ghosts either. Just an 18 ASA being swung by Garcia. Two weak fly outs and grounded to short into a DP.
McClenney looks to be using a new one piece Easton and she is peppering the ball pretty good.
Team Japan using several Xeno’s and whatever Mizuno bats they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom