2019 Ghost warranty question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I went out taking some BP at home because we own an older used pitching machine and since my class got out of school early today since we have our final day ever of high school tomorrow. I was using my ghost and was taking some decent hacks with it. After about half an hour into practice, I took a swing with the bat and something sounded off when I barely hit the top of the ball with the bat (I also got it near the tip of the bat so the cap is kinda damaged as well). I'm trying to think back to when I got the bat and I'm seeming to think I either got the bat near the end of my junior year softball season or I got it near the beginning of travel season last summer (so either May or June of 2018 I would have ordered the bat). Would the bat still be covered under warranty with the chip I took out of the composite and cap? Has my warranty ran out? Am I just better off replacing the bat with this coming model or even getting a power carbon or a carbon-1?

May 17, 2017
2018 Easton Ghost
After 2 seasons of travel ball ,1 winter season of indoor ball, 1 season of high school ball and countless practice sessions my DD 's Ghost cracked .I called Easton and pleaded my case that knowing the bat was 3 weeks out of the warranty date.They listened and decided to cover the cracked bat...
Gabby,,If you can get a replacement bat under warranty i would say go for it ,, you can also get a new bat of your choice and use the ghost as a back up ,, Good Luck

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Easton CS folks are very cool if you are the same. They have been know to bend a lot
of times on the 12 month warranty policy. As long as you have the receipt.

Again, be cool...some poeple think trying to be tough person barking orders and demanding gets
their way...negative...haha. When you're over 12 months, nobody has to do jack sh!t for you, so
remember that when needing something :)

Next time..hit the barrel Gabby...hahahaha ;)

Last edited:
Our warranty was up on 04/24. I called on 5/31 to try and get a replacement since my DD broke her warranty replacement that she had just had back a month. Easton is replacing the bat without any issues. Their CS is really top notch. Definitely made us a customer for life.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I figured I'd update you guys on the status of my 2019 Ghost.

I called Easton Customer Support after finding the receipt in my email where I ordered my bat. I explained everything to them as to what happened and I was doing my best to stay cool-headed because the bat breaking was technically my fault because of where I hit the ball near the end of the bat. I found out that my bat was about a week past the end date for my warranty but they would honor the warranty and send out a replacement. They looked in the computer and didn't see any of the 2019 model and asked me if I'd be too upset if they sent me the 2020 model. I secretly was ecstatic they would send me the latest and greatest model of bat as a replacement. I said "yeah, that will work". They're shipping the bat as soon as they get the replacement. I shipped the broken bat back to them this morning and am hoping to have my new bat before tournament season begins.

Easton has a fan for as long as she plays softball and when her sons and daughters get into sports.

I figured I'd update you guys on the status of my 2019 Ghost.

I called Easton Customer Support after finding the receipt in my email where I ordered my bat. I explained everything to them as to what happened and I was doing my best to stay cool-headed because the bat breaking was technically my fault because of where I hit the ball near the end of the bat. I found out that my bat was about a week past the end date for my warranty but they would honor the warranty and send out a replacement. They looked in the computer and didn't see any of the 2019 model and asked me if I'd be too upset if they sent me the 2020 model. I secretly was ecstatic they would send me the latest and greatest model of bat as a replacement. I said "yeah, that will work". They're shipping the bat as soon as they get the replacement. I shipped the broken bat back to them this morning and am hoping to have my new bat before tournament season begins.

Easton has a fan for as long as she plays softball and when her sons and daughters get into sports.

That's great! I have my fingers crossed we get a 2020 in place of ours too. But the CS didn't say a word about it so who knows. Of course we won't be upset with either. I'm just happy we're able to talk about not just good customer service, but going above and beyond in this day and age!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28