2019 ASA Ghost Issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
I admit, here on the east coast I've seen a LOT of them. I'm surprised by how quickly they've gotten into the hands of so many girls.

I’m willing to bet they will replace it too. My DD’s bat was about a month out of warranty and was a warranty replacement that we had about the same amount of time. It’s being replaced as we speak. I asked about the 2020’s and it was a no go lol. Didn’t hurt to ask right?

May 12, 2016
My DD likes the 2019, and prefers that color scheme better as well. However maybe the 2020 will be a little more durable. Regardless contacting Easton back to see what they can do for us.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, the store did kind of a weird thing for you as I think we talked a while ago about it when you first
needed to do a return...haha, BUT it is still only been returned once, so you have another return left.
Easton will have no problem switching, but you will get another Blue, don't worry about that :)

Sand doesn't effect performance, but fastpitch umps are a finicky bunch over slowpitch ones. Had
the sand sound in sp bats from day one and bats lasted forever and hit fine.

May 29, 2015
Core — since you seem to the bat guru around here — do you know of any materials from bat manufacturers that spell out the symptoms of a “bad” bat beyond the performance issues?

Meaning ... anything that says those “controversial sand rattles” or the barrel flexing independently of the handle are NOT symptoms of a bat breaking loose inside?

I reached out to Easton and got a very curt “no” from them.

Why are we a finicky bunch? Because we are told to be. ☺
As I said, I’m not a fan of checking equipment, but as long as I am required to do it I am going to do it to the best of the nefarious instructions I have.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Finicky isn't a bad term, I was using it in terms of a comparison between SP and FP umps. SP has
the same guidelines...they just don't push it as much.

There is nothing anyone can do, bats are what they are and rules are what they are. When you draw a line
in the dirt like the rules are and tell umps to follow it to a tee, its gonna happen.
Back when you had a plain ole' metal bat, you never had to worry about noises/rattles or whatnot for the most part.
Nowadays you have layers of composite, glues/epoxies/resin, multiple pieces/connections, discs, walls, rods and whatever
other thing you wanna include in the list. Perfectly fine bats can develop noises.

As we said in the other thread, Just feel bad for the kid/parent who has a bat that's just fine and told she cant use it.
And now they have to burn a warranty.

May 12, 2016
Well, the store did kind of a weird thing for you as I think we talked a while ago about it when you first
needed to do a return...haha, BUT it is still only been returned once, so you have another return left.
Easton will have no problem switching, but you will get another Blue, don't worry about that :)

Sand doesn't effect performance, but fastpitch umps are a finicky bunch over slowpitch ones. Had
the sand sound in sp bats from day one and bats lasted forever and hit fine.
The bat I got back from Easton did not have the matching hologram... also it has been over a year. Is it sand or something internal.. I have no idea

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That's fine, they don't because you don't have same serial numbers on bats. That serial isn't gonna match
the first bat's serial number. They have your name in the returns system and what bat you sent in.
Since its been over a year, that could be a problem...haha

I have seen it both ways, sometimes they don't send holograms the first return back and seen them do it.

its not sand, its just what people call that type of rattle because that's what it sounds like :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom