2019 ASA Ghost Issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Hi,

I have a Ghost bat that sounds like sand shaking around inside, Thoughts? And will this affect performance?

Thanks

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Contact Easton, and start the warranty replacement process. Any bat with loose stuff rattling around inside will be rejected in equipment checks.

May 12, 2016
The ghost allows for 2 warranty replacements.
Yes but must be 1 year from purchase

Bought the bat in June 2018
Got replaced in late May 2019
4 weeks later replacement is rattling

FYI, This is the 3rd bat already as well but first replaced by Easton

I first bought this bat from my local sports store in May 2018, first bat developed a crack 3 weeks later. Returned to the store and he did me a favor by replacing for me there on site and gave me a new receipt.

2nd bat lasted 11 months and developed a crack, sent back to Easton in May 2019.. Easton sent me a new bat in June 2019. 3rd bat lasted 4 weeks and now we have a rattle. 3 bats in little over a year

May 29, 2015
Thoughts from an umpire ... as has been already said, it will be tossed by any umpire who is doing the job properly.

I would suggest contacting Easton ASAP. I have never dealt with them (other than recently contacting them to ask if they could offer any kind of training for umpires, players, and/or coaches on identifying damaged/worn/hazardous bats — the said no), but have heard good things about their customer service. Personally, something rattling after 3 weeks is ridiculous and should be replaced.

Apr 16, 2013
I've heard many stories of Easton still going above and beyond after the warranty period has expired. I'd still give them a try and be nice about it.

Dec 11, 2010
Contact Easton by phone and explain it like you did here. You will be on hold for awhile so plan on it. Bet they replace it.

If that doesn’t work, (I bet it does) did you buy it with a credit card?

My Visa doubles manufacturer warranty. It is “sports equipment” and should be covered. You have to have statement that shows purchase price, it takes awhile.

Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

I have a Ghost bat that sounds like sand shaking around inside, Thoughts? And will this affect performance?

Thanks
Is this ASA Blue Ghost or Gold Utrip bat? Easton is very good about replacing defective bats. I had one no receipt no hologram and they replaced it based on date of production.
Maybe you will get lucky and get this new 2020 Ghost “Everbody” is swinging.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maybe you will get lucky and get this new 2020 Ghost “Everbody” is swinging.

I have not yet heard of anyone getting a 2020 as a replacement for a blue Ghost, but I suppose it might happen eventually as Easton runs out of old stock.

"Everybody" is swinging the 2020 Ghost? Wow. That was quick. The bat has only been out for 2 weeks. That thing must be AWESOME!! 😜

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478