2019 Actual bat performance talk

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
According to my wallet, this is as far as I'm allowed to amble.

You can afford a wallet? Lucky basta#%!! If the price of crude oil goes above $150 a barrel
we might get a raise here in which case I will ask you for a recommendation...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018
Anyone else with performance reviews on either the new Demarinis or Louisville Slugger bats? I only saw one new Demarini this past weekend in action but the batter wasn't touching the ball so no data to be obtained.

Nov 25, 2016
DD just got a 2019 LXT. It is still breaking in. It sounded very different at first and was thinking that Louisville did away with the shattered glass sound. But now that its breaking in that sound is coming. The jury is out on it so far, but she likes the size difference from her old LXT. She went from a 30/19 to a 31/21.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

May 12, 2016
When my DD transitioned from a 32 to a 33, she had some moments of struggle, and some periods where she used only the 32 in games. For some reason, the 32-33 transition was slower for her than any of the previous ones. It's been over a year now. I'm hoping she grows a bit more (currently 5'-6", 150 lbs), but we shall see. She might be using a 33 for the rest of her playing time.

A good friend of my DD (same age, same height, bigger, strong kid) is using a CF8 32/21. Every time I see her with it, it screams "too small" to me. She mashes HRs on a regular basis with that little thing. She doesn't want to give it up.

The bat should be outlawed, :)... Demarini got it right with that 1... unfortunately no repeat performances and that bat (used) sells for ridiculous prices on eBay

May 12, 2016
Anyone else with performance reviews on either the new Demarinis or Louisville Slugger bats? I only saw one new Demarini this past weekend in action but the batter wasn't touching the ball so no data to be obtained.

Worse kind of bat... DD had one like that, we called it the "strike out bat", great durability though :)

May 19, 2016
The bat should be outlawed, :)... Demarini got it right with that 1... unfortunately no repeat performances and that bat (used) sells for ridiculous prices on eBay

Would you say the CF8 Is as hot as the Ghost? Ive actually seen a few on FB groups for sale for somewhat reasonable prices compared to what I see them for on Ebay....like 225-250 range In very good condition. Might be a good investment to flip for some easy cash.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Would you say the CF8 Is as hot as the Ghost? Ive actually seen a few on FB groups for sale for somewhat reasonable prices compared to what I see them for on Ebay....like 225-250 range In very good condition. Might be a good investment to flip for some easy cash.

I would say they are pretty close when you square it up in the sweet spot. Others have noted that the Ghost performs better on balls that aren't quite centered, especially out towards the end of the barrel. The CF8 was a damn good bat.

May 19, 2016
I would say they are pretty close when you square it up in the sweet spot. Others have noted that the Ghost performs better on balls that aren't quite centered, especially out towards the end of the barrel. The CF8 was a damn good bat.

Worth buying for $250? I really hate buying used bats with no warranty. Waiting on Core to see If he has any USSSA -11s. I am pretty happy this will be the last -11 bat I buy though.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Worth buying for $250? I really hate buying used bats with no warranty. Waiting on Core to see If he has any USSSA -11s. I am pretty happy this will be the last -11 bat I buy though.

With Core's pricing on new Ghosts and Q-Pros, I would have a really hard time justifying $250 for a used CF8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23