2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its true but not...lots of time the loss of pop isnt the bat. Sometimes its the bat...hope that clears it up :)

Just trying to be PC for everyone..haha.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Seems Mizuno likes us for some reason and this seems like a go. I will prob have a whole set of their bats as demos and we are gonna set
up a local demo for Mizuno to come out and use his Rapsodo fancy laser system thingy and you are encouraged to bring your Wilson gamer
out :). This make take a few weeks to finalize

My demos will also be sent around the country to reputable friends that I know arent gonna steal and can get many girls
to test in a day or so. Also, will only be sent to my customers as I am loyal to my customers like they are to me :)

Last edited:

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Seems Mizuno likes us for some reason and this seems like a go. I will prob have a whole set of their bats as demos and we are gonna set
up a local demo for Mizuno to come out and use his Rapsodo fancy laser system thingy and you are encouraged to bring your Wilson gamer
out :). This make take a few weeks to finalize

My demos will also be sent around the country to reputable friends that I know arent gonna steal and can get many girls
to test in a day or so. Also, will only be sent to my customers as I am loyal to my customers like they are to me :)

If anyone ends up testing/demoing an F19 Titanium Mizuno bat, I'd love to see their comments. It's intriguing.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I will actually have the Titanium and Power Carbon in my hands this week for locals to try out. Not my demos so I cant send all around yet. But wanna
get an idea. Mine will be here after all peprwork is done and then they will go on road trips

I will say, I do like one thing a lot...the drop 11s are 50 cheaper than the 10's for the Power Carbon. Little break for the little bat folks

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The old Ghost (blue/ASA stamp) and the warranty replacement CF-X both of which are 34/24 have just about earned their retirement. Lots of USSSA stuff on the travel tourney schedule coming up this year so that Ghost won't be of much use anyway. Also, the new coach has made more than a couple comments about moving my twins back down to a 33. Add it all up and looks like we'll be in the market again. 33/23 or 33/24...I wonder how that Mizuno performs at altitude? ;-)

I would seriously consider the QPro. I bought a 34/25 for myself. My DD swings a 34/26 Ghost. We tried to hit 10 balls each off of a tee from HP over a 215' fence with each bat. I hit 5 with my QPro while DD hit 4. I hit 3 over with her Ghost and she hit 4. However, our mis-hits were on average, 10-15' further with the QPro. That said, I haven't hit Mizuno's latest offerings yet but I should be able to provide feedback on those shortly...Hopefully....

ETA: DD has had her Ghost from first year 18U (17) through Fall Ball of College Ball Sophomore year. I have yet to hear of a Ghost losing "their pop" and certainly, DD's hasn't yet, from what her College Coach is telling us.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018
Update.

I know I was asking about bats losing their pop. Honestly I think my daughter was/is in a slump. This weekend she went to her yellow Ghost just for a change. (We got both from Core). So I don’t know if it was the bat change, or if she was just more focused on mechanics, or if it was her belt (I’ll explain that ) but she hit really well this weekend. Multiple RBIs and quality hits.

Oh the belt thing...her new TB team this Fall is using the same color belt as her high school. She grabbed her high school belt because she couldn’t find her team belt. She was absolutely crushing the ball during high school last Spring. She isn’t switching back to her TB team belt now because she feels the high school belt gave her hitting luck. Hey, whatever works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 23, 2017
Daughter just got her ghost today and we went out for a quick batting to see how the bat feels. The ghost is alittle heavier than her 2018 xeno, I was surprised with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28