2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Not happy with Easton today...returned a Ghost back in February after it cracked. The replacement cracked yesterday despite having BARELY been used (my daughter was out for the season with an injury, so 99% of the swings on this bat were front toss). Called Easton, they said sorry...the bat is out of warranty as of March. They didn't want to hear how this was a basically new replacement.

I've bought four of these things from Core (who is awesome) but looks like this will be the last. All four have broken and been replaced once. This is the first of the replacements to go (EDIT: actually the second, but the other one had a good amount of use on it), but I guess it was just a matter of time. I had to buy a new LXT in Cali when DD2 broke her almost-new Ghost during PGFs. She likes the LXT so I guess the replacement Ghost will go to DD1 now, and any new bats will be purchased by her college team. Pretty disappointed in the durability and the lack of customer service by Easton for a long-time customer.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Understand, but it was 5 months past date. How many months do they offer for people. They already did 2 freebies in a year for the
2018 Ghosts, and most of the time they will go a month or two after, some three months. Your original bat was basically year and half old and you did get one free for that one already. If it was closer to a year, you probably would have gotten it. But pushing a half year past the warranty expiration date is probably too much. They have to draw a line sometime especially since they are on the
2020 model at this point and still going to be doing returns for the 2018 as long as they are out there.

I get what you are saying...but there does have to be return limits. This wasn't a comment to say you should or should not
have gotten another return, as my say doesnt matter. This is just gonna fall under can't please everybody all the time
unfortunately.

If you buy a car that has a 3/36 warranty on it. 54 months down the road something goes bad, but you only drove the car
18K miles. The manufacturer isn't gonna cover it because it was so long over warranty. A couple months you might get some
assistance from them...MAYBE...and that's only partial assistance probably, not half the warranty period over the expiration date.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2013
Understand, but it was 5 months past date. How many months do they offer for people. They already did 2 freebies in a year for the
2018 Ghosts, and most of the time they will go a month or two after, some three months. Your original bat was basically year and half old and you did get one free for that one already. If it was closer to a year, you probably would have gotten it. But pushing a half year past the warranty expiration date is probably too much. They have to draw a line sometime especially since they are on the
2020 model at this point and still going to be doing returns for the 2018 as long as they are out there.

I get what you are saying...but there does have to be return limits. This wasn't a comment to say you should or should not
have gotten another return, as my say doesnt matter. This is just gonna fall under can't please everybody all the time
unfortunately.

If you buy a car that has a 3/36 warranty on it. 54 months down the road something goes bad, but you only drove the car
18K miles. The manufacturer isn't gonna cover it because it was so long over warranty. A couple months you might get some
assistance from them...MAYBE...and that's only partial assistance probably, not half the warranty period over the expiration date.
Do you have 33/23 in stock?

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA

unfortunately.

So I emailed Easton support after posting this, explaining the situation (4 broken bats in 18 months, this one barely used) and about a day later I heard back from them that they will honor the warranty just one additional time on this bat. So...squeaky wheel gets the bat, or something like that. I appreciate that they were willing to help out with this one, my daughter was not happy about the thought of switching bats at this point.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Glad it got taken care of...they are one of the most flexible warranty people in the business but I wouldn't have
been surprised either way in this situation.

But folks should wait before going on full out "blast" right away on forums :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee