2012 college majors of softball players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
Note I said *sophomore* organic chemistry. Molecular biology is about 120% organic chemistry, right? Sophomore chemistry is "read and regurgitate"--in-depth critical thinking isn't required.
mine was not, at least not second semester. our one exam, we were given sea shells to start with, and could use whatever other inorganic ingredients or solvents needed, was given a list of a dozen or so compounds to synthesize.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I think this topic deserves more discussion. The older my girls get the more leery I am of them playing college ball.
Great topic to revive. A lot of the discussion is why DD, majoring in chemistry, chose a competitive D3. While I was here when this discussion started, DD was 10 and just started working on her swing! 😂😂

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
organic is just a warmup for physical chemistry . . . then the real men take physical organic chemistry

We had a bumper sticker back when I was in school it said HONK IF YOU PASSED PCHEM. You could only get one if you actually passed! Still have mine somewhere!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
When this thread began, my dd was in her freshman year of HS earning her first varsity letter. She is currently in her last year of engineering grad school. Next semester and then a thesis over the summer and she will have her bachelors in electrical engineering and her masters in biomedical engineering. (Yeah I know, take it to the parent brag forum)

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
When this thread began, my dd was in her freshman year of HS earning her first varsity letter. She is currently in her last year of engineering grad school. Next semester and then a thesis over the summer and she will have her bachelors in electrical engineering and her masters in biomedical engineering. (Yeah I know, take it to the parent brag forum)

Is she playing softball at school?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Is she playing softball at school?
Nope. She never wanted to play after HS, said she wanted to focus on classes and have a social life, she told me that in 9th grade, when I told her it was time to focus on one sport if she wanted to play in college.

But she missed it so she joined the club team, which was a much better level of softball then I expected. And it was a better fit for her class load. She played that for 2 years. Got to go to the national championship 2 times and made All American second team her last season. Even got asked to play a year of travel for free between. So it was an extra 2 years of ball I didn’t expect to get to see.

I’m a huge proponent of club ball. If your dd wants to play but doesn’t think she can fully commit to the grind of a college team, club is a great option. Practice 2 times a week, triple headers on Saturday. Travel within your region... it’s a great experience.

Another board member here, his DD plays for Navy and they won the club Nationals last year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28