2010 Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2019
Hi this is my first post, sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I see threads about the 2018 Ghosts and now 2020 ghost threads are popping up. I just picked up my DD a new 2019 Ghost(ASA)and I don't see any threads for the 2019 version. Is there any difference between the 2018 and 19? BTW she LOVES the bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There is no 2018 and 2019 ASA Ghost...the 2019 was the USSSA Ghost. The 2018 was the ASA Ghost and its been made since then. If someone has it listed
as a 2019 ASA ghost, its just a site mistake on the year.

Apr 4, 2019
This ^^^ is correct.

thanks guys.

So reading thru this and other threads, it seems that the ASA(Blue Logo) is a higher performing bat than the USSSA? Am I reading this stuff correctly? If that's the case do you think the 2020 ghost will be a slightly lesser performing bat to accomodate the dual logo?

the reason Im asking is if it cracks sometime over the summer, would it be replaced by the 2020 bat or would she get a 2019(blue logo)

2 weekends ago I picked the ghost up without researching it since a $350 bat wasn't a consideration at all. I didn't read up on any of the $350+ bats. I did notice it at the top of many lists. But with 20% coupon and a bunch of store credit I wound up only paying $205 out of pocket. I went in saying I'd spend no more than $200 at the absolute max. lol. We went directly to the field and she was hitting noticeably better than I've ever seen. Then I got home and read review after review about cracking. Rookie mistake. lol. She loves this bat and I have no doubt she hits much better with this thing. Unfortunately I can't just replace a $350 bat on a whim.

do you think the cracking theme is overblown? she's not a power hitter. So far she has about 300 swings with it between me taking her to the field and JV team practices. First game is Monday. I don't want to be like the guy in the movie All Stars who is overly concerned about a bat but I think I've become him.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Please venture into the bat section...there is a 2020 Ghost thread in there

And yes, overblown...lots of haters (sorry, this breaking topic has been chewed to death...haha)

Also, you get 2 free returns in a year...not like you are buying a new bat if it does crack at some point. Its a bat...HIT IT and there
is a reason EVERY MANUFACTURER has warranties.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
So reading thru this and other threads, it seems that the ASA(Blue Logo) is a higher performing bat than the USSSA? Am I reading this stuff correctly? If that's the case do you think the 2020 ghost will be a slightly lesser performing bat to accomodate the dual logo?

I'll repeat this again, because I know Core* is tired of repeating it....

The 2020 Ghost is not the same as the 2019/USSSA/Yellow Ghost. USSSA has gotten on board. All indications are that the 2020 Ghost will match the performance of the 2018/ASA/Blue Ghost.

the reason Im asking is if it cracks sometime over the summer, would it be replaced by the 2020 bat or would she get a 2019(blue logo).

There is no "2019 (blue logo)" Ghost. The 2019 model is the USSSA-stamped/yellow version. With the 2020 Ghost being released in June, I would expect you would get the 2020 version.

*CoreSoftball20 is a dealer of Easton softball bats, and knows his stuff very well. His prices are also very good (just in case you need something in the future).

May 24, 2013
So Cal
do you think the cracking theme is overblown? she's not a power hitter. So far she has about 300 swings with it between me taking her to the field and JV team practices. First game is Monday. I don't want to be like the guy in the movie All Stars who is overly concerned about a bat but I think I've become him.

My DD plays on a hard-hitting 14U travel ball team (and varsity HS), including one girl who is an amazing beast (6', 180lbs, many bombs). Multiple Ghosts on the team. Over 100 games played in the last year. Zero failures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom