20 Ks in 7 innings and her first home run!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2019
I could not be more proud of my DD this weekend. She had one of her best pitching weekends. She just started to learn IR with Ken this past Wednesday but already has pretty decent mechanics with a coach that taught HE. She wanted to continue practicing IR and pitching it in the tournament. SO naturally, I was worried about how accurate she was going to be, especially because she just started tweaking her mechanics not that long ago.

Well, she proved me wrong. Her hand still gets under the ball too early but she is trying. I don't know what Ken did for her, but she was pitching the best she has all season.
1st game: 4 innings pitched, 17 batters faced, 11 strikeouts, 2 hits, 1 run (not earned)
2nd game: 3 innings pitched, 10 batters faced, 9 strikeouts, 1 hit, 1 run (not earned) and SHE HIT HER FIRST HOME-RUN!

I know only 10U travel ball but she works really hard. She just started working on staying mentally positive (that is huge because she is super competitive which means she is really hard on herself), and I think she deserves to know what hard work and almost every day practice results in. I am one proud Softball Mom!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Just sprinkled a little fairy dust on her. :)

Seriously, she is a talented young lady and a quick learner. Most of her foundation was good. She just needed a couple of adjustments. Mostly I got her to let herself do what her body wants to do naturally.

That was all after one lesson. Imagine where she will be in 6 months.

Jun 8, 2019
Just sprinkled a little fairy dust on her. :)

Seriously, she is a talented young lady and a quick learner. Most of her foundation was good. She just needed a couple of adjustments. Mostly I got her to let herself do what her body wants to do naturally.

That was all after one lesson. Imagine where she will be in 6 months.
We cannot wait! Thanks Ken!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478