2 step drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
I just watched the 2 step drill video and was unsure about something. Is this only meant as a drill or as an actual way to pitch? I haven't watched the second video yet so if this is answered there, sorry.

Nov 8, 2018
I just watched the 2 step drill video and was unsure about something. Is this only meant as a drill or as an actual way to pitch? I haven't watched the second video yet so if this is answered there, sorry.

Drill that leads to a way to pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It is a drill, but it is not *that* illegal.

You could easily modify the drill so that it would be legal for high school pitching. NFHS rules allow the back foot not to touch the rubber, so it would be a matter of insuring that the front foot remains in contact with the rubber.

For TB, the pitcher would have to narrow the distance between her feet so the back foot is in contact with the rubber.

We are still trying to figure out the new NCAA rule for pitching.

Nov 8, 2018

You could easily modify the drill so that it would be legal for high school pitching. NFHS rules allow the back foot not to touch the rubber, so it would be a matter of insuring that the front foot remains in contact with the rubber.

For TB, the pitcher would have to narrow the distance between her feet so the back foot is in contact with the rubber.

Did the new rule pass?

Dec 5, 2017

We are 10u TB and a lot of the tournaments we play in they allow them to step back. Thanks.

Feb 25, 2019
Just curious if anyone has seen any high school games with the pitcher actually taking advantage of the step back rule?

Nov 8, 2018
Is it actually a rule now. You can step back off the mound? Any other changes?

Jan 17, 2020
DD wants to work on increasing her drive. Is this a good drill for a pitcher without a back swing (back swing is cue for second step per video)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802