1st time 10u coach, coached basketball & soccer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I appreciate the feedback. I have taken the above advice and for our 2nd practice tomorrow after warming up catching and throwing we will do 3 stations, Pitching (to see what we have) batting, and grounders all with an experienced coach at each position. I have us then doing game practice on the field with a base running game at the end.
"being able to get an out at 1B and, if that's not possible, get the ball ahead of the lead runner, and then to the pitcher in the circle. If you can't do that, you have no chance of doing anything more complicated, like getting outs on the lead or trailing runner." THIS was our focus during the first practice and will continue to be.

I started from scratch with a 10U Rec team many moons ago. I brought in a pitching coach outside of regular practice with an open invitation to whoever thought they might want to try it. Based on raw ability and willingness to work, I covered the first couple of lessons to get the most promising started. It paid off in the form of fewer trips to counseling for me during the season. ;)

I always had pitchers and catchers show ~ hour prior to regular practice, or they stayed after and threw.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812