1st Day of Internship---UGH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD's 1st day of internship is today, and has to be there at 5:30am with a 30 minute commute. I was awake when she left. 5 minutes later I hear the front door open and she is upset. She spilled coffee all over her white pants!!! I assumed she was late. I'm sure we'll talk about when she gets home.

May 27, 2013
DD's 1st day of internship is today, and has to be there at 5:30am with a 30 minute commute. I was awake when she left. 5 minutes later I hear the front door open and she is upset. She spilled coffee all over her white pants!!! I assumed she was late. I'm sure we'll talk about when she gets home.

Oh no!!!! Ugh - I feel for her! I’m sure the rest of the day will go much better! Congratulations to her on the internship!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
What kind of internship?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
What kind of internship?
Daikin The World's largest A/C company. There's a bunch of interns from all the US. They actually house some of them that come from far away.
She's a Finance Major. Yesterday at 4:15pm I asked her if she has anything else to do for work. She said nope. Okay then. I'm gonna buy you a beer. This is the first time since she turned 21 that I was able to buy her a beer.

Dec 19, 2021
Nothing like a good first-day story. That will be a good one to retell in another couple years. Hope she wasn't too late.

A couple years back we had two new grads in the office. In the afternoon, our manager swung by and said "I love the kids these days" and pointed out that one of them still had the sticker on his pant legs saying the size. The next day the other one came in to work but left her desk keys at home. You guessed it, laptop locked in the desk. They both survived.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Nothing like a good first-day story. That will be a good one to retell in another couple years. Hope she wasn't too late.

A couple years back we had two new grads in the office. In the afternoon, our manager swung by and said "I love the kids these days" and pointed out that one of them still had the sticker on his pant legs saying the size. The next day the other one came in to work but left her desk keys at home. You guessed it, laptop locked in the desk. They both survived.

Embarrassing "end of the world" first day experiences. But things to laugh about over drinks down the road.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Embarrassing "end of the world" first day experiences. But things to laugh about over drinks down the road.
The funny thing is, I am known for spilling coffee down my shirt. Happened several times on our way to a fun Golf Tournament. My friends give me a hard time. Runs in the family I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812