1st base glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2019
Daughter is 14 and was given a Worth Advanced Liberty 1st base glove. Thumb side on the glove is hard for her to control so she keeps going back to her fielding glove.
1st base is her primary area so looking for a easy to break in 1st base glove for a lefty.

Jul 3, 2013
Don't be shy about breaking in a glove. Fold it at the hinge(s) and pound the heck out of it. Twist it back and forth. You can't just play catch or wrap a ball in it.

I don't have a glove mallet, I use an old metal bat with a rounded end.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jan 8, 2019
Don't give up on the 1B glove! Keep her working on it. It will take time and effort, but worth it in the end. (Part of it may simply be not wanting to give up the old glove. They do become sentimentally valuable after a while!)

Look up some of the older threads (e.g., Annasdad, and others). Lots of good advice here. (And in annasdad' honor, his words: "no steamer from DSG, no oven, no microwave, and DON’T run over it with your truck! Just play catch and hand shape it as you go!") Also, a 2-3 lb dumbbell with a towel over the glove does nicely for mashing the hinges a bit. Have fun!

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 uses a Rawlings Liberty advanced and loves it. It's about 80% broke in from the factory. Hard to beat that glove for the price. Figure it will last 2 seasons and then buy another one.

Jan 4, 2019
DD2 uses a Rawlings Liberty advanced and loves it. It's about 80% broke in from the factory. Hard to beat that glove for the price. Figure it will last 2 seasons and then buy another one.
We have been looking at this or the Xeno glove and holding on to this Worth glove till she is a bit older.

Aug 24, 2018
DD had the Xeno and it only lasted a season. That season consisted of playing for 3 or 4 teams, so it got a lot of use. By fall it was way too soft and floppy to be of any use. I picked it up on sale for $60, so I got what I was looking for.

Oct 4, 2018
Don't be shy about breaking in a glove. Fold it at the hinge(s) and pound the heck out of it. Twist it back and forth. You can't just play catch or wrap a ball in it.

I don't have a glove mallet, I use an old metal bat with a rounded end.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Heck, you can pound it with a regular softball if you have to. Just pound on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812